Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking to see if anyone has any recommendations on gloves!

I live in Chicago and I have tons of gloves, but either they are too thin and my hands freeze (especially trying to get to my treats) or they are HUGE and I can barely rip a poop bag. Does anyone have any good recommendations for gloves for the winter to stay active with your pups without freezing your hands off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
When Shala was a pup and I needed to treat during cold winter walks, I wore running gloves under my fleece-lined wool mitts. I just pulled the mitt off as I was putting my hand in my pocket to get the treats, but it meant my hand was never exposed fully. I don't find gloves warm enough once it goes below 0 Celsius really (is that about 35F?) so I deal with mitts for many months. I open my poop bags before we set out, and refold them and put them in my pockets, so at least they've already been opened once and then I don't need to take off my mitt and lick my finger.

Reactions: alleyratz

·
Registered
991 Posts
I use Head gloves I believe mine are the womens sport running glove they have a textured grip they are thinner but not too thin lined gloves that are flexible. I keep a pair in my jacket and in my car. I get mine at Costco. They also have a hybrid version for when its a little colder. Run about 10.00-15.00 at Costco I find they keep my hands pretty comfortable in the cold I can easily grip leashes and pick things up but the running gloves are not water proof but are water resistant

Reactions: alleyratz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Sweet Girl, you're a genius! Gloves under mitts. And opening the bags before I go out! Got it. Thank you so much!
@Gleepers, those look great, I'll try them out and let you know!

@Altairss–I have a friend with a Costco membership so I'll ask them to grab some Head gloves, really really appreciate the feedback and details! Thank you so much!!

Im going to try all these suggestions (who doesn't need 3+ pairs of gloves in a Chicago winter/blizzard?) Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts