Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7-month-old Golden, Barkley, randomly stops while we are walking. He doesn't stop to sniff things, he just stops walking and then stares at me, with kind of a sad look on his face. He often does this when climbing stairs.

I have read that some dogs do this when they have knee or joint problems but I am hoping that is not the issue considering he is so young. Does anyone have another possible diagnosis and accompanying solution suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Are you walking him on concrete? Maybe til the appt you can walk him on grass just in case it is something joint wise. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Peri29

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 7-month-old Golden, Barkley, randomly stops while we are walking. He doesn't stop to sniff things, he just stops walking and then stares at me, with kind of a sad look on his face. He often does this when climbing stairs.

I have read that some dogs do this when they have knee or joint problems but I am hoping that is not the issue considering he is so young. Does anyone have another possible diagnosis and accompanying solution suggestions? Thanks!
I would like to know what the problem was and if it got resolved.

My 7 months old Golden Retriever does the exact same thing. He sits in the middle of walk and refuses to move. Sometimes pants even for a very short distance. Going to take the Vet appointment but wanted to know what happened in above case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts