Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just seen the new campaign from Keep Britain Tidy which looks awesome 'there is no such thing as a dog poo fairy'. Does anyone know where I can get hold of some posters to put up in our street as there is constantly poo here. Any other ideas to sort the problem out would be great as well.

My hubby used to be a bit naughty and ignore the poo if it was in long grass but after suitable harrassment and the addition of a he is now doing his bit for the enviroment and our clean streets :)

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
We would like to keep our U.S. enviroment clean too. I would like one of those posters to hand my neighbor that thinks it's ok not to pick up his dogs poo just because it's a little dog.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
We would like to keep our U.S. enviroment clean too. I would like one of those posters to hand my neighbor that thinks it's ok not to pick up his dogs poo just because it's a little dog.
Isn't it amazing that people feel that way?! Off subject, but I'm also amazed that people don't feel they are littering by throwing their cigarette butts on the ground because they're small.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Isn't it amazing that people feel that way?! Off subject, but I'm also amazed that people don't feel they are littering by throwing their cigarette butts on the ground because they're small.
My husband, a cop, routinely gives hefty littering fines for tossing cigarette butts. ha!

To the OP, I'd love a copy of that poster too, I wanna put it up in the shelter office.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Off subject again, but I once followed a car as he threw his cellophane wrapper off his cigarettes, his snack wrapper, and tissue out his window driving along. I kicked into a crazy enviroment freak, and followed him into his next stop, a starbucks. I even followed him into the building shouting to all who would listen about how he was polluting our city.
I don't know what kicked in that day, was so totally out of character.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Off subject again, but I once followed a car as he threw his cellophane wrapper off his cigarettes, his snack wrapper, and tissue out his window driving along. I kicked into a crazy enviroment freak, and followed him into his next stop, a starbucks. I even followed him into the building shouting to all who would listen about how he was polluting our city.
I don't know what kicked in that day, was so totally out of character.
I wish I had that amount of courage. I just get passive aggressive. lol.

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
I would like one of those posters to hand my neighbor that thinks it's ok not to pick up his dogs poo just because it's a little dog.
Oh, baby! I have one of those neighbours, too! Infuriates me!! Send me one of those posters, too, please!!

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Rosie:

If you can find a link to that poster--please post it here. I'd like to download it and use it here in SW Pennsylvania.

Thanks!

SJ

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
My cousin got tired of dogs pooping on her lawn while the owners went to get the mail (they'd get home from work, take the dog right out and go to the mailbox on the edge of her lawn), so she put up a small sign that said 'smile, you're on camera and included a picture of someone's dog pooping and then the fines for not cleaning up after your pet underneath. It got the message across.

With our neighbor's cats, I finally started scooping it all up and putting the poo back on their lawn where the kids would track through it. I figure if they think I don't mind it, they shouldn't either!

Oh and butts..... I hate smokers MAINLY for that reason. Smoke if you must, just don't do it around me and how hard is it to find a trash can or keep a baggie to hold the butt till you do? Gross!!!! Once someone tossed a butt in front of me onto the sidewalk, they were eating at an outdoor cafe, I picked it up and put it on his plate and told him he must have missed the garbage can.

Lana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts