Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a break in our sub-zero weather so we took our pups to the Big Sky dog park. It is a beautiful high desert juniper landscape with 5 acres fenced for dogs. There are seven off-leash dog parks in Bend, Oregon, (population 80,000) thanks to the hard work of a local volunteer organization and the Park and Recreation District.

This was Roxy's first experience at a dog park since we adopted her 4 months ago. She had a great time making friends with the dogs and their people. She had a brief argument with another dog over a frisbee, but she backed off quickly. Elliot was his usual super exuberant self and loved playing chase. They were tired and happy after an hour of zoomies.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
So did you take your camera? It is nice that you have a great place to take the pups when the weather is good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like big Sky dog park but tend to find more dogs at old mill. My aussie is 10 months and I try and take him a couple times a month for dog socialization. We actually live in Crooked River Ranch so we do alot of hiking on blm with a friend that has 5 german shorthairs which he loves to herd. It is funny I can take him out with just my shepherds and doesnt herd them. My golden is only a puppy so it will be a few months before I can take him to a dog park. I sure wish Redmond had at least one as Bend is a little further away for us.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sounds like you all had a great time Jim.
I am planning on taking Cocasse to a dog park soon. Its been nearly a month since he came to live with me. A few more issues to work out re loose leash walking and then off to the park we go.
I'd love to see some pics if you have any.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Painthorse,

We like the Riverbend dog park too! We have hiked with the dogs at Smith Rock State Park and Crooked River Grasslands near your area.

I had my hands full with the dogs so I didn't take my camera to the dog park. Roxy is fascinated by my camera and she sticks her nose in the lens. I need to practice taking more pictures so the dogs will get used to the camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't been to the Riverbend dog park but have smith rock. Smith rock is very nice but dogs have to be on a leash and we tend to have a pack when we hike. I really need to find a four dog coupler instead of the two dog that i have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts