Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog whos about 10yrs has been grunting/moaning of late as if he's in pain (what looks to be) only when laying down/gets up sometimes, other times when he gets up he doesnt moan. This has happened once before in the past (about a couple months ago) before but not sure if it's something to be concerned about.

His stomach doesn't seem bloated and no where when I touch him does he feel pain, and he has the same appetite as he always does. He gets up and moves normally and does dog things. Could it just be indigestion or bad gas? He hasnt been farting as much as he does.

To the best of my knowledge all dogs has been given their anti-worm/flea but don't know how long ago, my mom says when the shots at the local pet super market comes around she'll take the dogs back there as she always does.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Welcome to the forum Srif!

If I were you I would take my dog to the vet to get a proper check over. Dogs often hide pain so a groan is something that needs to be looked at by a professional. They might give you some advice regarding arthritis.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts