Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my way into the city, I saw a pickup truck driving about 140km per hour, with a Husky x Shepherd mix unsecured in the bed of the pickup truck. No kennel, no cross ties, nothing! The poor dog looked so scared, and was flying from side to side on the bed of the truck! Where I am from, It is illegal to transport your dog unsecured in the back of a pickup, so I took down the licence plate number and reported it to the SPCA.

I myself would never put any dog in the back of a pickup, because it is so dangerous, but going that speed on the HWY could honestly kill that dog if something were to happen unexpectedly. I just hope that poor pup made it home safe and sound.

·
Luna and Lily's Dad
491 Posts
I can't believe some people can be so careless.

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I looked it up online, I was told to contact the SPCA, and if they thought it necessary they would involve the police.

Reactions: Janamarie63

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Scary!!! Thank you for reporting it!!

I cannot imagine putting Bear in the bed of a pick up unsecured. Aside from the dangers, he could easily jump out and I'd lose him FOREVER!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I see dogs loose in the back of trucks quite a bit and it makes me quite bonkers.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would still call the police, give them the plate # and hope that at the very least he gets a warning.

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have actually since called the police, and they did say that the SPCA had already reported it to them. I'm happy that they are actually going to do something about it, because this is just a cruelty at this point.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I see so many dogs in bed's of pick up trucks around here, it makes me sick.
A couple of years ago, our state was thinking about making it law, that you cannot have your dog in the bed of a pick up unless in a crate and secured. That law never passed.

My stupid brother in law, who I have nothing to do with, went to petsmart in Nashville one time, with the dog in the truck bed and somebody called the police on him. I would thank the person if I knew who it was.

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish it was illegal everywhere. It's just so unfortunate when you see someone who dosen't care enough about their own dogs safety to keep them in the cab, or even just kennel them, or tie them down. Makes me feel ill thinking about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts