Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was telling Kimm about this type of photo in another thread & finally got a chance to figure it out & make one myself. I think it looks better with a white background but the photo I chose to use had black.
This is my youngest pup Kuper.

Here you go Kimm, this one will keep you busy awhile. :)

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Wow! I can't even get the photo to invert using that link I posted! I love this and your pup is beautiful! All I can think of is SB and reflection. I wish SB let you do more.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That is great! What program are you using? I have PaintShop Pro Ultimate x2 and some others, including the one Kimm is trying to use (won't invert for me either).

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
That is great! What program are you using? I have PaintShop Pro Ultimate x2 and some others, including the one Kimm is trying to use (won't invert for me either).
Thank goodness! I thought it was me!!! Maybe I should try doing the same using photoshop? Can't be that different???

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I got a Wacam Bamboo for Christmas and it came with a download of Photoshop but because I had Paintshop first I can navigate easier there.
Light bulb! Since there are many of us who love to 'play' with pictures we need to see about getting a 'Community Group', maybe call it 'Photo Nutz'. LOL It drives me nutz when I can't figure something out!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used Paint Shop Pro. Much more reasonably priced than Photo Shop. I use it most the time because it is what I learned on, & can do pretty much anything Photo Shop does. I have Photo Shop CS2 & 3 but don't have them loaded on my computer. Too much other junk there at the moment.
I heard there is a free program called GIMP that got some recognition as one of the best free programs available that will do a lot of this stuff. I never tried it. Photo Shop Elements does most basic stuff also.
I think Photoshop Elements is what came with the Bamboo. Do you like your tablet? I plan on buying a tablet very soon, I got the money for it for my birthday. I want the bigger size if possible. Looking at the Intuos 4, medium. I heard they take a little getting use to.
Anytime you get stuck on something give me a holler, I know Paint Shop Pro pretty well & will help if I can. I have been using it since about version 6 or 7. I usually buy every other version & currently have XI, so I know they are due for an update.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Traz, I have the Bamboo Fun CTH661. I'm still getting use to it and find myself using the mouse to get things done quicker. lol The tablet doesn't come with anything to cover it when you travel. I need to get a laptop sleeve to slide it in to protect it. Also need to check on updates for Paintshop and take that other darn program that won't let us invert off my computer!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuzzbuzz, If you are using Ultimate x2 that is the most recent edition. That is like a Version 12 updated. I keep looking for 13 to come out because 12 has been out a long time.
Most people I know with tablets say they have to put their mouse away a while to get use to using the tablet. Laptop sleeve is a good idea to carry in. Look on ebay, you could find one reasonable I am sure. I need to do something my finger kills me from the way I hold it while editing using my mouse.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Understand about the mouse and finger. I'll put the mouse away next time I plug in the tablet. Good idea! Thanks.
Here's a picture I played with in PS when I couldn't get the other download to invert.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool idea with the TV. If you are using PSP just go to IMAGE >FLIP to invert it. Those are the ones that kill the fingers using a mouse. That is why I haven't done any of those kind lately. It must be the way I hold my pinkey. I did a bunch of editing before xmas & I have to give it a break. The box didn't take mask work so not as bad on the finger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts