Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see a category for dog friendly vacation spots/hotels/rentals/etc and reviews divided by geographic location. There is someone always looking for this info in the summer (usually me, lol) I trust the users here a lot more than some of the other sites to give a good review/suggestion. Good idea?

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I believe that many of the "choice" brand hotels (comfort inn, etc.) are dog friendly, and I also believe that most Westin's are as well (although more pricey).

If you're interested in heading up to Ontario I would be happy to give you some ideas and beautiful spots. I'm sure it's a pretty big drive from Philly though!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
The NC Outer Banks is a very pet friendly area, with many rentals that allow dogs along with condos and hotels!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
If someone wants to start a thread in product recommendations under the miscellaneous section of the forum I will make it a sticky. so it stays on the main page of miscellaneous.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carol that might work. I was thinking it would be great to have it organized by geographic location, like Mid Atlantic, New England, Southeast, etc. That way it would be easier to find it when you are looking for it.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I would love to have something like this. If people would tell what was especially good about the motel/cabin etc and what places you could actually take a dog with you to do. (It would also be good to know when dogs are and aren't allowed on hiking trails) I know there are towns where it is OK for the dog to be at the outside seating area of a restaurant and would love to know about places like that as I travel.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I will say that msmarstar turned me onto La Quinta. 99.9% of them are dog friendly. I stayed in two on my way back from Maine and both of the were totally dog friendly and didn't even blink over the fact that I had 3 large dogs. The rooms were nice and clean and you get a decent breakfast in the mornings.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
This is a great webpage if you are planning a trip with your dog. I have used it many times over the years :)

http://www.dogfriendly.com/

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good ideas. We go to Winter Park, CO every summer. It's a great place for a Dog Friendly Vacation. Most stores will allow you to bring your dog in with you.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Yep, I too use dogfriendly.

In Colorado, Telluride is a wonderful dog friendly town! In CA. Carmel is ideal. I haven''t been there yet but have heard wonderful stories. Doris Day (big dog lover) owns one of the hotels there.

Estes Park ,Colorado where we spend our vacation time is semi dog friendly. We have a friend's cabin we use so we can always take the boys. They have a great dog park on the lake and we love to walk the boys on the river walk. There are a few dog friendly hotels/ cabins but most of the private condos etc aren't dog friendly.
In the national Park though dogs can only be in picnic areas, not on trails. But in the national forest, dogs can even be off leash if voice controlled.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Durango, CO is mega dog friendly. I used to live there in the mid 2000's and it's a dog town supreme..folks would bring their dogs to work all the time. They have the coolest dog park I've ever seen. it's huge, it has a fence on one side and the other boundaries are a big river and a mountain. Good stuff.

I miss Durango.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is a great site. Anyone have any experience on vacations on the east coast? We are looking to go on a vacation with Scout but somewhere that we can drive. We are located on the east coast but would go anywhere that we can drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts