Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What dog food and suppliments do you feed your golden? Though most of our dogs are couch potatos what would you feed them to bring out the best golden coat as if they were ready for the show ring.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I know nothing about the show ring, but I think we all want to have our dogs in the best possible condition with as great of skin and coat that they can have. Skin and coat (or skin and hair for humans) health starts with what's being fed on a daily basis. To me, that means good quality meat-based protein with not too low of fat levels. My dogs do best with fat at 15% and above. To that, I supplement daily with human grade salmon oil (with vitamin E) and several times a week with unrefined virgin coconut oil. I'll leave it to other posters to supply suggestions with products specifically marketed for the show ring.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I feed Healthwise and supplement with Nupro. I do not know anything about getting dogs ready for the show ring.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I feed California Natural lamb and rice with a topper of Wellness canned 95% lamb or chicken. We also supplement with a probiotic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts