Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading another link and wondered what most of you feed your Golden's.

We feed Canidae, which was recommended from several sources.
Just wondering if any one else feeds it.

Oh yea, a good dose of raw steak too.

Ray, and Kelso

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Over the years, my dogs have eaten every last one of the premium foods. Some will do better on one food, while others will do better on another. I really think you need to feed what works well for your dogs. Canidae is an excellent food. If your dog's coat looks good, and their stools are healthy, then I would see no reason to try anything else. Mine have done very well on it. Nothing wrong with throwing a good steak in there once in a while. I'm sure your doggie loves it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i feed california natural..its supposed to be very bland (for jakes weird tummy) and its single protein. chicken. seems to be working for him. not many have heard of it though??

has anyone else fed california natural?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have my boys on Nutro Natural Choice - Lamb/Rice.
All treats are Natural Recipe and Newman's Own....no wheat and corn.

I do every now and them give them a treat that does have wheat.

Charlotte
(MotherHen(

·
Registered
166 Posts
My boys are on Eagle Pack..... salmon, oatmeal. I also give them cut up apples, carrots. They do well on the Eagle Pack. No more ear infections. I also give them Missing Link plus. Missing Link is wonderful stuff. Missing Link Plus with Glucosamine.. ... It does wonders..

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts
Griff is on Canidae now - his coat seems a bit softer but so far so good - no skin conditions, etc. He does get an egg from time to time and he LOVES vegetables.

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
We are in the process of switching from Nutro over to Canidae. We finally found someone in the area that sells it. Park has done well on Nutro, but we've noticed Camden has been itching a great deal since we put him on it. I'm hoping that a switch of food might help.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since the switch

One of the reason we went to Canidae was the benefits for the coat and skin. I won't say Kelso has completely stopped itching but it is very seldom. Also his coat is very soft to the touch. A lot of people comment on his coat.

The other thing is that he only gets 1/3 of a cup once a day and maintains his weight of 75 pounds. Oh yea, don't forget the steak.

We walk about 4-5 miles a day so he gand I get plenty of exercise.

He also gets brushed every night before bed.

As for me, I like the fact that he goes right to it when I put it down.
On our way to Canidae we tried alot of foods that he didn't like and
some he wouldn't even eat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We started out with Eucanuba, Canidia, Wellness Lamb, Wellness Sweet Potato and Fish not we are trying Natural Balance alergy. Millie gets the almost bad ears infection try to keep on top of them, does not chow down is I put yogart in her food so try her out on different foods. I do make sure I have enough left to mix together till she is used to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts