Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so let me start off by saying that due to Sharlette being under weight and being a picky eater I leave food down for her to eat freely when ever she wants. My chihuahua is a real light eater and eats a real small amount and only at night around 5pm. Yesterday night I noticed Sharlette and Chablis staring dead into each other's eyes while eating. Not like a mean stare just eyes locked and them SCARFING down the food so fast that I don't even think they were breathing. It was like it was some kind of contest of who could eat the most the fastest. I just sat and watched. After I am guessing they both had their fill they both backed away from the bowl licking their lips and kinda wobbling off to the living room then they both laid down.... I am sure they were so full and bloated feeling LOL well tonight they both did the exact same thing again..... Has any ones dogs ever done this before? they aren't showing any aggression while doing it. none at all and after they both lay with each other in the living room.... How long should I let this go on for? can this lead to food aggression? It is kinda comical to watch LOL but soon Sharlette is going to be like 8 times the size of Chablis and it wont be a contest...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts