Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would love to do one up for my kids and molly. My husband has lots of family far away so I think it would be great. Yours is awesome. It must be lots of work?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would love to do one up for my kids and molly. My husband has lots of family far away so I think it would be great. Yours is awesome. It must be lots of work?
It's really easy. I use www.blogger.com
You can evolve it over time, and it really does not take much time once you get going. You have so many options now on the web, they are really useful.

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I keep one at www.tippykayak.com. I take all these pictures, so it seemed appropriate to share them.
Do you like using Apple's Mobile Me? I've thought about using it since I bought my Mac, but can't really justify the price. Is it worth it?

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Do you like using Apple's Mobile Me? I've thought about using it since I bought my Mac, but can't really justify the price. Is it worth it?
Yeah. I got it because I wanted to sync my mail, contacts, calendars, and important files across my laptop, my iPhone, and web access. It's nice that I can get all my stuff on any computer, any time, and any changes I make are instantly reflected across the whole system. When my laptop died in March, I had access to all my work files through MobileMe while I waited for it to be repaired. It was a life saver. I had backups too, but it was nice to never lose access to the important stuff.

The nice side benefit was that I got the web space that works seamlessly with iWeb. I used to do freelance web design, but I use iWeb for the blog 'cause it's super simple to work with photos and text, and there's an automatic RSS feed so my friends can subscribe to it and get notified about updates. I'm a bit sporadic with updates, so I can hardly expect people to check in for new entries regularly, and coding the RSS by hand is a pain the butt relative to using iWeb to do it.

Given how much I use it and how simple and seamless everything is, I'd probably pay double and still feel I was getting my money's worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts