Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Both mine got a B, but I don't think they should be marked down for barking when someone comes to the door... Obi barks like mad wagging his tail, and Izzie just wags her tail... I'd rather they barked their heads off and gave the stranger something to think about, than have a dog who would let a burgler into the house, steal all the valuables and not make a sound, when the owners were in bed upstairs... as happened with our other GR Spud!!!!!!!!

It all depends what we find acceptable behaviour in our own dogs... after all they're not perfect (some may be:)) have different personalities and each has strong and weak points.

Both of mine are perfect in my book... don't pull on the lead, are non aggressive with other dogs and play beautifully (watch out for legs tho!), don't scavenge, dont destruct the house (now we're out of the puppy stage), and love us unconditionally... now what's not pretty ****** perfect about that:):)

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Oh dear both Cs for mine.

Willow still jumps up sometimes and will chew any socks she finds. Diesel is very anxious at the vets and will growl at any dog that growls at him first, he isn't aggressive and will always walk away after giving his warning but this test would call that showing aggression towards other animals.

I want my dogs to bark at the door.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Brady got a B. Frequent barking when something/someone goes by our house, and the occasional jumping are his vices. But hey, he's a GOLDEN, right????

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rusty is a C, Penny a B.. Rusty has growled at other dogs and they are anxious at the vet's. They both bark at the door bell. Funny, as I was marking the no/seldom line I was feeling like they were doing so well! They are perfect to me.. for me.. I guess that is why this is just for fun!
Indeed!! Thank you to all who understood this was a FUN quiz.
Like with humans, life would be pretty boring if all dogs were perfect!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Tessie got an "A" with a score of 27.

With a little work i'm sure I can get her to growl and ignore me.
My kids all but taught themselves.

·
Scouts Mom
844 Posts
Going ahead of you in doorways and stairs? Ya gotta be kidding me right? I still don't agree that just because a dog walks ahead of you that s/he thinks they're alpha, or that it's a bad thing, especially when they behave well in other areas.

Sophie's a C, but I think she's really a B. She still pulls on leash at times, and goes ahead of me in doorways.
Scout got a B because of this!

I think she's an A though. She does pull on the leash sometimes but she does really well off leash, she stays right by my side and would never bolt away from me. Even if she saw a sqirrel and I told her to stay she would listen. And going ahead through doorways and stairs? I'm with you on that one. :no:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Selli got a 41. Does she jump on me, yes because I invite her to. Does she bite me playfully, yes because I want her to. Does she pull on the leash, sure unless I tell her not to. Has she growled at other dogs, yes and she has had the right to. I think that Barkbusters needs to get a clue.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Honey is C-student .:D and very good one.
Holmes-B. Must be puling on the leash save him from C.I have to remind him that we are on the walk so he will stop peeing on every single bush.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Score: 35
Grade B : 28 - 50
These dogs are angels with a few rough edges. This dog could easily move to the "A" grade with some training.

Jake got a B because he is sometimes destructive, I put sometimes he shows signs of what i think could be the start of seperation anxiety "he pees when im out of the house, when hes left out of his crate" & of course sometimes I find him with those forbidden items chewing! grrr

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Beau got a B 48. He still is very puppyish and likes to nip when he is playing. He also doesn't always recall well. We're working on it. Fun quiz!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gracie got a C (58) probably because of her jumping/mouthing problems due to her extreme over excitment issues around new people/dogs, but she's only about 11 months old, so she should improve over the next year or so

·
Kate
21,046 Posts
Jacks got a (45) - B.

Dogs in this category are typically wonderful family dogs with a few rough edges. This dog could easily move to the "A" grade with some training.

That's assuming I consider jumping on me (it's called a 'hug'), greeting people at the door (he's greeting committee, it's his job), and running up the stairs or through doorways before me (he's a show off and feels need to take three steps for every one I take) to be 'rough edges'. :smooch:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Finn got a 32 - B

He sometimes nudges my arm for attention (which I don't discourage because I dont mind him doing it)

He sometimes gets a bit anxious at the vet (but he doesn't react badly to it he just sticks close to me and whines a bit in the waiting room when I stop petting him, he's always friendly to the vet so I wouldn't have taken points off for it)

He also sometimes gets out of a "stay" before he is suposed to but it doesn't happen often. :)

·
Chopin & Lucky
443 Posts
I didn't get a letter grade but it was 75. I'm geussing a c?
Oh well, Chopin's still a young pup.
That thing that makes you put in a UK postal code... yes I do in fact live in buckingham palace. lol

21 - 40 of 40 Posts