Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used an elevated outdoor dog bed? Thinking it could be good in the summer while drying off from a swim in the lake.
I’m hesitant to buy another bed at all. My puppy hasn’t been using his fancy memory foam bed. I don’t want to buy something else that he isn’t likely to use.
Our previous golden didn’t use the fancy bed either. Maybe goldens just get too hot and prefer the floor!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I
Has anyone used an elevated outdoor dog bed? Thinking it could be good in the summer while drying off from a swim in the lake.
I’m hesitant to buy another bed at all. My puppy hasn’t been using his fancy memory foam bed. I don’t want to buy something else that he isn’t likely to use.
Our previous golden didn’t use the fancy bed either. Maybe goldens just get too hot and prefer the floor!
I love our Kuranda dog bed. They don’t get too hot and it’s a solid bed that they won’t destroy. ☺

·
Registered
264 Posts
My current pup has never been a big fan of her elevated bed, but she does like her comfy foam bed. She really likes anything soft to lay on, whereas my previous golden was more of a cold tile dog. Every dog is different so it can be hard to judge.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
My dogs really seem to like their elevated beds. I keep one outside year round (and they use it both on hot days in the shade and in the winter out in the snow) and my boy treats the one at agility class as though it’s a crate (it’s his “safe” spot). They‘ve got some good, fairly inexpensive options at Chewy’s if you’d like to give it a try.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Reactions: ScoutTheGolden

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
We use an elevated bed for place training. It's a good place to train the dog to go when you don't want it under foot (ie, during dinner, when other people arrive, etc.). Place training is still a work in process as our current dog is 4 mo. old, but she likes it well enough to use it on her own, and pile her toys on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts