Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 5 month old pup needs a good dog bed. We had one when he was a little guy but he tore holes in it and he tried humping it. Now that he is getting more mature and doesn't chew but only his toys and humping is a phase from the past; I need a good dog bed for him that will be big enough for him to grow in to. He already is a big guy at 55lbs.

If you're happy with yours, can you tell me where you got it and how much it cost?

Thanks a bunch!!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
KURANDA beds.... no question. They are guaranteed chewproof, and will last forever. Easily cleaned/ disinfected, and wonderful for any ortho problems too. It's the only thing we use and we have several. www.kuranda.com

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We use the LL Bean dog beds. They last forever. Both Tucker and our GSD have the fleece top ones, which are a little over $100 for the extra large size.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I just bought a new Kirkland brand one at Costco for $18.99 this past weekend. Winchester doesn't chew on his bedding so that's not a problem. This one is huge with lots of room to grow.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Gilmour destroyed two Cooleroo's. Similar to the Kuranda's. 1/4 the price. Unfortunately has exposed edges of the material which took him all of 2 hours to find.

And a week to destroy.

I give up. Just paid the price for a Kuranda... Hope THIS is the one :) It's his FIFTH bed so far!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
KURANDA beds.... no question. They are guaranteed chewproof, and will last forever. Easily cleaned/ disinfected, and wonderful for any ortho problems too. It's the only thing we use and we have several. www.kuranda.com
grabbed an XL on from their clearance section last week, it should be on the front step when I get home tonight. Fully expecting Comet to ignore it since we paid $80 for it. But homeboy likes his sleep so who knows...

·
Registered
5,005 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Dog beds?? :confused: Don't mention the concept to Toby. His chosen bed is the middle bottom portion of Mom and Dad's big bed. He's slept there for almost 5 years despite our best efforts.

Unfortunately we've lost count of the number of Barkley's beds Toby has destroyed. I "think" we are on bed 8 or 9. Barkley prefers bolster beds and the last one we got dirt cheap at Costco was his favorite. Toby destroyed it a few months ago so we now have a nice circle bed from Costco for Barks.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Dog beds?? :confused: Don't mention the concept to Toby. His chosen bed is the middle bottom portion of Mom and Dad's big bed. He's slept there for almost 5 years despite our best efforts.

Unfortunately we've lost count of the number of Barkley's beds Toby has destroyed. I "think" we are on bed 8 or 9. Barkley prefers bolster beds and the last one we got dirt cheap at Costco was his favorite. Toby destroyed it a few months ago so we now have a nice circle bed from Costco for Barks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Dog beds at our house are certainly not used at night ( except for ole Sydney).... that's what OUR bed is for too. Penny usually sleeps on with her head on my extra pillow in the middle between Terry & I ! Our kurandas are out in the family room.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts