Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking for a dog bed to replace the one in the picture. I have 2 goldens and 1 greater Swiss mountain dog grand-puppy. The bed in the picture is from Orvis. I ordered a replacement bed and the difference in quality was shocking. I must be getting old, always complaining "they don't make them like they used to."

So, I am on the market for a new bed. The 3 big dogs like to play on this bed...so they don't just sleep in it.

Ann

Attachments

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I bought the LL Bean dog couch about a year and a half ago. Hazel sleeps in it every night, and it looks good as new. I never thought I'd pay that much for a dog bed, but it is very good quality. She "nests" in the cushion when she first gets in at night, and the cover doesn't show any wear from her digging.

We have LL Bean credit cards, so we cashed in our points for this. :)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/66388?feat=dog couch-SR0&page=premium-dog-couch&csp=a

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good. Mine all like to dig in their bed before settling in. And, they like wrestle in their bed...all 3, one bed. Bed better be tough.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Hi all,

I am looking for a dog bed to replace the one in the picture. I have 2 goldens and 1 greater Swiss mountain dog grand-puppy. The bed in the picture is from Orvis. I ordered a replacement bed and the difference in quality was shocking. I must be getting old, always complaining "they don't make them like they used to."

So, I am on the market for a new bed. The 3 big dogs like to play on this bed...so they don't just sleep in it.

Ann
Good to see you here again. I hope Emma is doing well.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I am convinced that www.kuranda.com has the best beds in the world! I own 3 and they all look exactly like they did when I first bought them. Through the puppy teething faze and everything. Some people have said their beds have lasted them 30+ years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just got a kuranda based on this recommendation. It is a hit. This picture was taken moments after I put the bed together and Pippin is napping on it right now. I m impressed with the quality and assembly was easy.
How old is Pippin? I've been wanting to get a Kuranda for Finley, but was afraid that maybe I'd waited too long. He will be two at the end of April, and I wasn't sure if he'd take to it, but Pippin looks pretty happy!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
How old is Pippin? I've been wanting to get a Kuranda for Finley, but was afraid that maybe I'd waited too long. He will be two at the end of April, and I wasn't sure if he'd take to it, but Pippin looks pretty happy!
Pippin turned 2 last month. He has been getting more freedom, but using that freedom to get up on furniture he is not allowed to be on. The hope is that he will enjoy his own furniture so much that he will behave himself.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Pippin turned 2 last month. He has been getting more freedom, but using that freedom to get up on furniture he is not allowed to be on. The hope is that he will enjoy his own furniture so much that he will behave himself.
Rundle sleeps on her bed beside our bed every night. And lays on her other kuranda bed next to us on the couch :smile2: She also has one that sits just in front of the front window, so she can lay and watch the world go by when we are not home. :--heart: Kuranda!

·
& Romeo's mom
732 Posts
I want a Kuranda now!

·
Super Moderator
1,672 Posts
Oscar has three beds (of course). Two are LL Beans, one round and one retangular. He prefers to curl up on the round one. They are very durable. Also purchased an internal waterproof cover for each one to protect the foam. His favorite bed is home made. It is a ribbed foam mattress topper encased in a home made cover. It is 3 X 6 and he just loves it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've been looking at the Kuranda and see great reviews from it. I may purchase one for Luna as she only has 4 beds currently (her crate, Bro's sofa, her Costco round bed and her fave, the king bed in my bedroom lol). Her current bed in the mancave is the sofa so the Kuranda might be a good choice for there.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some Kuranda inspiration for all of you thinking of getting one :)
Those last 3 pics are priceless!!

We just bought a Primo pad for the crate in our room but would like one of these for our living room. What size do yall recommend and which fabric should I choose?

EDIT: I read most went with an XL but they no longer sell by S, M, L, XL, XXL etc. they sell by dimensions now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts