Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Does your GR stare out the window?

• Total voters
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
jessme7 said:
Oh YES of course! I could wipe down the bottom half of the sliding glass door everyday and it would have nose marks on it 5 mins after I clean it. :doh: Its just something I give up on (having a clean glass door) so I just wipe it down every 3 days just to say I dont leave it there.
Yep, sliding glass door, front window and both back windows in the car. Actually, he's also just started jumping to the front seat of the car while we're in the store... If we're paying attention, we can see him hop back into the back as we're coming out of the stores.... Thinks he's being sneaky....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
RickGibbs said:
Does everyone else have to clean the nose smudges and slobber marks off their windows?

Oh yes, it seems as if I spend my days wiping doors and windows of slobber & smudges. Of course, that's an exaggeration and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that slobber and nose juice!:agree:

·
Marley&Maya
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
RickGibbs said:
Yep, sliding glass door, front window and both back windows in the car....
Yep, the back windows of the car too! almost forgot. I would go through the car wash...thinking my car looks so good then when I look at it from the outside the back window is filthy! There is no getting away from that for me because I take them to places all the time and we go to obedience class at least 2x a week.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Darn, every time I've tried to post someone walks in ... doctors just don't appreciate how important this is! Anyway, Bentley doesn't leave slobber trails on the sliding glass windows only because we leave the door open while we're away; we have one of those Orvis magnetic screens, that hangs from a tension rod, so he can go in and out. However, we gave my folks a Costco-sized Windex because Bent's souvenirs left theirs a literal drool door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Catie and Chloe are always on patrol, alerting us whenever they see joggers, cats cutting across the yard, the mail truck, etc. Their favorite is when I open the blinds to the deck sliding door, they come running cause then they and sit and watch for the dreaded DEER!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Nope, they don't sit and stare out windows at all. They may run to a window if they someone out there though maybe walking by or something. But that is very seldom.

One word of caution, make sure there not able to jump out the windows. The reason I mentioned this is because not too long ago a Pitt came out a window and charged Kody!

I'm not saying anyone's goldens in here would do that, but just mentioning it because it totally terrified me. There was a fight, the pit went after Kody. Thank God some men accross the street came in to rescue us, they got the pit off Kody so as I and him were able to rush out and get home to safety and call 911 and report it. We were walking on the road and I heard a dog all of a sudden begin scratching at a window fiercly, I then heard a hit on the ground knew it was dog....but I wasn't prepared to see a Pitt, I had no idea what type of dog it was till it got through the tree's and was in the open and charging towards us. I knew we were in trouble.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Goldndust said:
Nope, they don't sit and stare out windows at all. They may run to a window if they someone out there though maybe walking by or something. But that is very seldom.

One word of caution, make sure there not able to jump out the windows. The reason I mentioned this is because not too long ago a Pitt came out a window and charged Kody!

I'm not saying anyone's goldens in here would do that, but just mentioning it because it totally terrified me. There was a fight, the pit went after Kody. Thank God some men accross the street came in to rescue us, they got the pit off Kody so as I and him were able to rush out and get home to safety and call 911 and report it. We were walking on the road and I heard a dog all of a sudden begin scratching at a window fiercly, I then heard a hit on the ground knew it was dog....but I wasn't prepared to see a Pitt, I had no idea what type of dog it was till it got through the tree's and was in the open and charging towards us. I knew we were in trouble.
Yikes!!!! That is terrifiying. I hope Kody was ok??

Actually we can no longer open my big picture window. Yes, its the window that lets in all that wonderful, cool fresh air. Because Lucky almost went through the screen to get a cat.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts