Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Does your GR stare out the window?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Marley&Maya
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it is getting nice and cool, I always have my windows open and my pups especially Marley loves to just stare out, smell the air, and sometimes bark at passerbys.
Window.jpg
window2.jpg
M&Mwindow.jpg

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
When I'm taking Lucky outside, as I'm jingling the chain, he runs to the window and looks out. Then does a circle around the chair again, stops at the window and looks out . Then he circles around the chair until he's at the window and looks out. All while I'm calling him to leash him up and get him out. Its very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not so much now that we live in the country but in town Buffy always sat on the couch and looked out the window watching the people walk down the sidewalk. She loves people! That is the only downside to living in the country, we all love it but I think she was happier in town.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Yep....Samson sits at the window everytime anyone leaves the house..... He makes us feel guilty, every time we go to work, too.

·
Harvey's Dad
142 Posts
:) Rick, it looks to me like Samson is just checking you're far enough away that he can do what he likes!

Harvey doesn't stare out of the window while we're indoors. But he does do it if we go outside without him. Last night, I popped outside the front of the house to fetch something from the car. Was only gone a couple of minutes, but when I got back Harvey was laying in the doorway waiting and got so excited when I came indoors again. It was as if I'd been gone for days... Bless'im

·
Marley&Maya
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lucky's mom, I acctually got tons of pictures of Marley and Maya (I think I am addicted to taking pics of them), but dont want to overdo posting pics of them.

I like those pics Rick. I bet Samson gives you those sad eyes too, I wonder how long he stares out there for....until you return?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Tabitha likes looking out the windows. Lately in the evening though, she has started to see her reflection and wants to chase "that big dog outside!"

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
My neigbor started looking at my window one day when I was outside visiting and he just broke out laughing. I look to what he's laughing at and inbetween two mini-bind shades is a nose pushed against the screen. Lucky couldn't see, but he could smell.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Paul B said:
:) Rick, it looks to me like Samson is just checking you're far enough away that he can do what he likes!
That's possible too. The kids say he either sits at the window or the front door, waiting for me to come back.....

·
Marley&Maya
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vrocco1 said:
Marley looks great. Don't EVER worry about posing too many pictures. I'm sure I can speak for almost everyone on that issue.
Hey thanks, your Jesse looks awsome! Marley has a very light face, maybe it would get closer to his ear color as he grows.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
In a puppy, the ear color is usually a good indication of what their color will be when they grow up. Marley looks great!

·
Registered
360 Posts
jessme7 said:
I bet Samson gives you those sad eyes too, I wonder how long he stares out there for....until you return?

Yes Samson gives us the sad eyes...It Don't work for anyone but me....:doh:

Samson stares out there for a while....but he gives up and starts laying at the top of the stairs

·
Golden Obsession
362 Posts
Our storm doors are full glass and all my Goldens have loved that .they lay beside it and watch out. Whenever we have to replace them I always get the all glass, am I trained or what? Of course it is challenging trying to keep the glass clean with the nose and paw prints.lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
goldenstaples said:
Our storm doors are full glass and all my Goldens have loved that .they lay beside it and watch out. Whenever we have to replace them I always get the all glass, am I trained or what? Of course it is challenging trying to keep the glass clean with the nose and paw prints.lol
Ours are half glass/screen, the bottom is just plastic about 1/2 way up. Josie is the only dog that can lean against the door and gaze out and she loves to do it. The other dogs have to crane their neck or get up on their hind feet to see out. Josie just leans and gazes, I like to watch her. She doesn't bark usually, but if there's a cat she'll growl a low throaty growl.

·
Marley&Maya
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RickGibbs said:
Does everyone else have to clean the nose smudges and slobber marks off their windows?
Oh YES of course! I could wipe down the bottom half of the sliding glass door everyday and it would have nose marks on it 5 mins after I clean it. :doh: Its just something I give up on (having a clean glass door) so I just wipe it down every 3 days just to say I dont leave it there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts