Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
Faith only seems to notice the TV when it has interesting animal sounds or the Dyson commerical that sounds like a squeek toy. or... any show that has a doorbell sound. it drives us crazy that we have to go open our front door to prove to her that no one is there.

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
LOL... that is just too funny! I can totally picture you showing her the front door haha.

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
River is the only one to watch TV in our clan. Only watches college football though. I have a sneaking suspision that it is just her and daddy curl up time is the reasooon she watches it. LOL

Hooch

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Oh yes! Ozzy loves to watch TV. He's especially interested in animal shows but also likes some fast moving sports. Every now & then he also talks back to those talking to him.

He also loves it when I'm watching videos on the computer & sits with his head in my lap just to watch.

·
The Honey Wolves
555 Posts
When the squirrel scene came on in the Johnny Depp version of Charle and the Chocolate Factory Jaime went nuts - Honey Wolves love to chase squirrels (called gophers) more than anything else in the whole world.

When I watch CNBC and the stock ticker is running along Lucy chases it and tries to catch it coming out of the side of the TV - pretty funny - Lucy is much more the TV watcher than Jaime though

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Carson will watch...especially if there are other animals on the screen.

Funny story: Charlie our last dog (lab mix) was laying on the couch watching tv with me. A commerical, I forget what for, came on and there was a giraffe walking across the screen. He totally freaked out, his hackles rose, and he was growling and barking at the tv....he'd never done that, even to other dogs before. It was pretty funny!! :D

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Faith only seems to notice the TV when it has interesting animal sounds or the Dyson commerical that sounds like a squeek toy. or... any show that has a doorbell sound. it drives us crazy that we have to go open our front door to prove to her that no one is there.
we have to do that too....or if a dog barks on the tv, Carson looks at the window and starts barking.... :doh:

·
kalkid
397 Posts
This must be a golden thing. My two labs never did it but Daisy does. At first I thought it was cute but to be honest it's kind of annoying now. Between the pacing back and forth and whining it can get annoying. It's especially bad on my big screen because it's lower to the ground and she can get right up to it. Just what I wanted a $3000 70" tv with slobber and nose prints on it, lol. Oh well you take the good with the bad I guess.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We bought a flat screen tv this week and last night watched an HD documentary on bears. Rusty has watched tv for about 30 second intervals but he watched a solid 45 minutes last night. He kept running up to the tv and when the bear would walk off screen he'd poke his head around the side of the tv looking for them. So funny!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts