Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola when sleeping goes into a dream state with little barking sounds and twitching when she sleeps. Interesting that she hardly ever barks when awake! I always wonder what she is dreaming about. :)

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
He twitches a lot. When I first brought him home, he'd run in his sleep and make suckling noises. It was so sweet, I miss it :(

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Lola when sleeping goes into a dream state with little barking sounds and twitching when she sleeps. Interesting that she hardly ever barks when awake! I always wonder what she is dreaming about. :)
Sadie does this once in a while, she did it last night. She'll make those little barking sounds and twitch.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Kirby is a very vocal and active dreamer, always has been and I also tell her to get the squirrel. :)

Darby not as much but occasionally. Now Scully would ever so often let out this horrible howl, long, loud and scary. The first time I heard it I couldn't figure out if we were being attacked by wolves or banshees or a ghost. Not a sound you want to hear in the middle of a sound sleep. :eek:

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Miri actually kicks so violently that at first I was worried she was having a seizure. After shaking her though, she wakes up pretty quickly. Harley makes these high pitched woofy/whining noises. He dreams MUCH less than Miri though, who has woken me up many a night.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We call it chasing bunnies in our house. I like to think that if they are "talking in their sleep" they feel loved and comfortable to be in that stage of sleep with you.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
My dog, almost on a nightly basis, whimpers, "puppy barks", growls, twitches, howls, and sometimes farts, in his sleep.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep another doggie dreamer! She does the whole lot, legs, barks, whines, even tail wags on the odd occasion, sometimes her teeth clatter open and closed, which isn't so pleasant!

I can never decide if the dreams are happy or not.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine does this, especially in the evening when she's really pooped out. Just last night she was curled up when I noticed her face started to twitch, then her paws started to go... she is probably chasing another dog around in the sleep. :p:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Riley is the same - the only time he ever barks is in his sleep, quiet little 'ruffs' to himself :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts