Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Our Nigel has to have a stuffed toy animal ( duck, camel, sheep, etc) in his mouth when going outside to go potty ONLY when he wakes up in the morning. He will leave it at the back door when told to, but will pick it up immediately upon returning from morning potty. It's the only time he does it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Amber outgrew her first crate, so I put it in the basement when I got a bigger one. Sometimes she would disappear for awhile, so I went looking for her. She was in the basement, lying part way in the old crate, taking a nap. I don't know if she opened the door or if it just wasn't latched. But she was too big to get her entire body inside.

Amber also barks at the golden in the fireplace. She can't understand why that doggie won't come out and play with her. [It's her reflection in the glass doors.]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Amber outgrew her first crate, so I put it in the basement when I got a bigger one. Sometimes she would disappear for awhile, so I went looking for her. She was in the basement, lying part way in the old crate, taking a nap. I don't know if she opened the door or if it just wasn't latched. But she was too big to get her entire body inside]
This made me laugh, as we used to find Finley sleeping in his baby crate, as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is the most recent, Luna has audible farts. When she lets one go, she will turn, look at her butt and look at us as if she was as surprised by what just happened too. This cracks up the family to no end and now its a "bit" she does every time she farts.

Entertainment on 4 legs lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, Grace-Lynn has absolutely no sense of boundaries, she'll sit on her parents heads, smack herself into walls to get the tennis ball, absolutely brutal. She also likes throwing her giant dog bones down the stairs and she'll watch it roll all the way down and when it stops will run all the way down to pick it up only to do it again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maximus is obsessed with tissues. If he sees that you have just used one, he will stare in that general direction with surprising intensity and patience. Even when you yourself have forgotten, and you see his head approach you and you give him a pet thinking, 'aww!', then you see his nose dive into the area where your hand was holding it and trying to sniff it out. It's the most hilarious thing. When we decided to let him have it, he will sit and chew it soggily right on your lap or general body part that's closest to him. It gets so squelchy and gross, and afterwards we find bits of soggy tissue everywhere. LOL

Another thing is, he adores plush toys that have long, very soft fibres. Not just soft toys, but the really really really plushy floppy toys. The first one he ever got, which was given by the breeder when we picked him up, he still has to this day and has always used it for nursing. Sometimes if it is not directly available to him, he will use any other super plush toy to nurse on. It is the strangest thing hahah.

He plays with the tennis ball by himself. He does like to play fetch, but sometimes we just see him pick up the ball, throw it on the floor and watch it bounce with fascination, then go to it again, pick it up, and throw it on the floor and watch it bounce. He will entertain himself for ages like this.

One time when playing with a giant stick (he loves the giant ones), I was waving it about dragging it on the floor, then I took it to a nearby tree and tapped it high up on the tree to try and get him to jump for it. Maximus randomly loved that so much, that sometimes when he wants to play (even by himself), he will drag the biggest stick he can find to any tree and try to prop it up against the bark. Me and my boyfriend think that maybe he thought it was a 'job' to do, and he loves to please and do jobs for us. Especially because when he plays like this he has so much concentration and seems very proud of himself LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
My name is Charlie. I swallow any thing i chew up. I especially love doing this to blankets and rope toys. And if i puke it up ill eat it again before mom can pick it up. I also eat the hair she shaves off my feet. Im only allowed kong and nylabone unless im immeditely training or playing tug with my owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Tessa had a thing about gloves. I worked at a community garden and there was always a big bucket of workgloves that she thought was especially for her. She would steal a workglove from anyone at anytime...including the woman that cleans our house. Never chewed...just steal and carry!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Duke, our 8 year old, rolls his tennis balls under the couch. He almost always has a tennis ball. He then pretends he can't get them himself. He has done this since he was a puppy. He will take a ball and stick his head way under the couch, leave the ball there and then whine or bark until you get up to get the ball and hand it back to him. He really prefers you toss it in the air and he catches it. Then back under the couch it goes.... Most of the time he can actually get to it himself.

Since we've gotten Moe, our 1 year old, Duke will bark to distract Moe from his toy and then snatch Moe's toy and hide it under the couch. It's quite the game at our house.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I. Love. This. Thread.

Storm is full of quirks. One of my favorites of hers is that she rarely uses her legs to get off the couch. Picture a golden laying on the couch, kicking the back cushion with enthusiasm, and launching herself off the couch, landing on her back or side. She also loves to slide, head first, off the couch. The first time she did this I had a heart attack. Now, at almost 5 years old, she loves the laughs she gets.

My favorite quirk of Rey's is that she is a nosy girl. She needs to be aware of every snack being eaten, every bathroom trip, every move the cats make, if a leaf falls outside.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts