Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starlite does it randomly. I think he did it in the past, but I can't remember to be honest. He does it a lot now, and it's pretty cute. I hope he's okay, though! The vet didn't think much of it, and of course he never did it while we were there! :doh:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Oh yea, all the time!!!

Especially after he just got through eating a kong. He carries the kong in his mouth after so his burp is pretty much amplified. lol. I think he burps louder than a lot of people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yep...and I find it so funny. The last one was standing next to us at the dinner table while we were having a family Thanksgiving dinner (Canada)!!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
LOL yes! Mojo did it just today, we were in the car waiting for Gary to hurry his tush up... Mojo turns and BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRP... then smiles and starts panting all happily. LOL. Hilarious.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ruby does it after she has eaten
she rubs her face all over the floor
comes over and stands on my lap and burps in my ear or in my face
she loves me really lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
right in my face and sometimes when i am kissing him on the head ... BBBBUUURRRPPP

thank god he doesn't have bad breath, lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Aaaaa, and I was thinking that hektor was the only one that does it! He usually does it after eating, but he belch like a human, loud and clear! Very funny! Glad that isnt something to worry about!

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
quite often and so loudly we call her "Barney" (as in Barney from the Simpsons)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Yup. Noah does and always looks surprised and looks around like "was that me" and wags his tail. He thinks they are funny.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Charlie does it quite a lot and very loudly as well and right in your face.
Daisy is more of a lady and does in quietly.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Both Copper and my BassettX belch. It was worse when I was feeding Nutro - especially the "other" end Alan.

They were being really friendly with a girl at the vet's Saturday. All sweet and nice and then Jack belched right in her face. I apologized, but what can you say really?????

·
Opus and Tasha
3,992 Posts
Good Dog Manners

.... and that's why I sometimes call them Burpo and Stinky.

Bob is Burpo. I assume this behavior is good dog manners Just Bob's way of saying the dinner was excellent and thank you. Always one good burp after every meal.

Opus was also a burper.... she would eat, would walk over, look at us, and belch. and I do think she sometimes waited until we were face to face just so we knew how satisfied she was.

Tasha... not a burper. Unless she has a more ladylike technique and hides it from us.

·
Mom to rescue Murphy
191 Posts
Yep, Murphy burps after every meal...as soon as he's walked up to say thank you, so it's always right in my face. My little boys think it's his best party trick ever!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Chester burps sounds just like my son ;-) My vet said the air has to come out of some place....better a burp than the other end.

·
Ginger and Belle's Mom
40 Posts
Oh yeah, they both do. Of course they wait until they are right up into your face and out it comes. LOL!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts