Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you leave a light on for your pup... I don't leave a light on for Harry. When he was smaller I had a nitelight so I could peak in and see how he was doing. Now, he sleeps in the dark (like me)!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I can't sleep with ANY light on... needs to be pitch black and silent. Since the dogs sleep with me, they sleep in the dark too lol

But... I do leave a light on for them if I know I won't be home until after it gets dark.. or if I go somewhere in the evenings. I don't like to leave them sitting in the dark, though I'm sure they wouldn't care. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
We never used any nite lights, but thought about it. Rusty could sleep anywhere and everywhere and I always worried about stepping on him if I got up in the middle of the night.

We did leave lights on for him when we were away after dark.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Nahh..I think he likes it dark. If I'm in the livin room with lights on watching TV, Tysen will usually go to my pitch black bedroom and sleep in his crate.

·
Maryland
2,806 Posts
Ours who sleep in the FR/Kitchen have a small light on, but that's because we have several seniors in there and they were having a hard time "relocating" during the night and would then bark. Once I turned the low level light on, it was just enough for them to be able to see where they're going.

·
Registered
423 Posts
dulce sleeps in my room and i cant sleep with the light on...i just leave a small light on at night so she can still see and go to her water bowl inside her crate if ever she needs to get up and drink....

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
...But I do leave a light on for them if I know I won't be home until after it gets dark.. or if I go somewhere in the evenings. I don't like to leave them sitting in the dark...
Same here. I call them "Classy Girls" because whenever they're home alone, they listen to WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) where they daydream to classical music & political debates all day. :bowl: Years ago when I was going to college I would stay up really late studying & they'd look up at me, give me a dirty look, sigh, & lie their heads back down because the light was keeping them awake! LOL-they wanted to go to bed.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Same here. I call them "Classy Girls" because whenever they're home alone, they listen to WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) where they daydream to classical music & political debates all day. :bowl: Years ago when I was going to college I would stay up really late studying & they'd look up at me, give me a dirty look, sigh, & lie their heads back down because the light was keeping them awake! LOL-they wanted to go to bed.

I get that too... about 9:00 Sam usually goes in the bedroom to sleep in the dark... but every 20 mins or so, he'll come out to the living room and stare at me... sigh loudly... stretch a bit... then go back in the bedroom. He usually does this a handful of times before he gives up, and lays with me on the couch. While he'd rather I just give up and go sleep with him in bed, he doesn't like sleeping alone for too long and will make the sacrifice and sleep on the couch for a bit til I'm ready. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts