Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam has always loved to be cradled like a baby during his cuddle time. He will lay on my lap on his back and just look up at me while i rub his tummy and his face and give him kisses... just recently he's begun doing this funny thing... he'll jump up on the couch and sit next to me, then just leeeeeans back and falls onto my lap on his back. (similar to those "trust building activities" where you just lean back into your friends arms?) Then we have our little cuddle sesh, and he just loves that time with me.. and hey, I love it with him too. :) I just think its hilarious.. he's like "here I come mom!" LOL

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Tucker and Luke both do that! :)

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
Aww, how cute! I don't think Gibson does it the same way Sammy does, but he does like to lean back and look up at me. A LOT. I remember someone here saying that Golden boys are so cuddly that they'd share your skin if they could. I now know what that means.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww, how cute! I don't think Gibson does it the same way Sammy does, but he does like to lean back and look up at me. A LOT. I remember someone here saying that Golden boys are so cuddly that they'd share your skin if they could. I now know what that means.

Yes this is definitely the case here too!! Even as I'm typing now, Sam is plastered against me (on his back, his favorite sleeping position) snoozing happily. The term "velcro dog" doesn't even accurately describe this dog.. he's just not happy unless he's cuddling next to SOMEONE (I'm his preference, he's a total mama's boy.. but he'll take my boyfriend or Dillon if he has to! haha)

Lisa, don't you love how they find ways to DEMAND their cuddles? lol

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Selka does that and about knocks the wind out of me went he just OOMPHS back on me! He likes to lay with his head on my chest too! What a baby!

That's the great thing about having a little 53lb-er... I can't imagine if he was Dillon's size throwing himself down on my lap. LOL Sam likes to do that too.. as I'm cradling him on my lap, he puts his head up on my chest and likes to give my face little licks and lets me kiss his nose. They really are such big babies aren't they!?

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
That sounds just adorable!! I've never tried having Sawyer on his back in baby position, but I don't think he'd go for it... he's easily excitable... and likes to be in a position to knock you over and smother you in kisses lol!! On the other hand, I can certainly relate to the "want to share your skin" comment... as hubby and I have both commented that Sawyer just cannot get close enough. We usually say he'd like to be "inside" us lol!! If you're walking about the house, he's following you with a toy/chew in his mouth waiting for you to sit so he can lay on top of you lol!! The boys really are sooo cuddly.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Lisa, don't you love how they find ways to DEMAND their cuddles? lol
I don't mind Willow doing it but Diesel likes to have his butt scratched and will lean against me to ask for this, Beware if I ignore him cause he leans more and my knees start to buckle!

It's not just me though, he will offer his butt to anyone he thinks may scratch it!

·
Bailey Boy's Pop
410 Posts
My little guy only does that to my Wife. He always will sit on her lap or be craddled and the such. If my wife is laying on the Rug he will sit on her or lay on her. If I am on the rug he might lick me or nudge me but he doesn't sit on me.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Speak of the devil! This is a shot from our bathroom this morning. Poor hubby got a cold draft!

Ack! Wrong threat! Why can't we delete our posts?

Attachments

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Ike does the Fake Faint and the Butt Thing. After the Fake Faint, it's all 4 toward Heaven for a belly rub, but he'll roll side to side while on his back...maybe itching his back?...and his legs sway side to side like tall grass blowing in the wind. The Butt Thing is still a mystery. He greets everyone Butt first.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Nope....:(

Penny's idea of cuddling is sitting VERY CLOSE to me on the sofa while I EAT!

Even as a brand new puppy when we first got her, she refused to cuddle. I remember only 1 time that I refused to put her down (at about 8 weeks) and she finally fell asleep in my arms. That's been it in 7 years!

·
My real name is Mercy
455 Posts
Hi! Nope, Max doesn't do this (yet), but my other dog, Rascal does. Or did, until we brought Max home. :( Now she does it rarely. She'll squirm on my lap until she's in the right spot & then lean back until her back is laying on my belly (she's only 10 lbs.). Then, she gets extended belly rubs & goes to sleep. It's nice to know that I'll be able to do something similar with Max when he's bigger!

- Trids

1 - 18 of 18 Posts