Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a small skin tag on Bailey about a month ago, I checked it a few times and it seemed fine. Yesterday, I checked it again and it had grown about four times the size. It has me a little concerned. Any thoughts?

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
How old is Bailey? It looks like a histiocytoma, which is harmless and typically goes away on its own after a month or two. They're more common in younger dogs. The other histiocytomas I've seen have had the whole bottom edge flush with the skin, though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If you take him to a vet to find out would you let us know? I would love to know what it is and I hope it is harmless. thank you, K

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How old is Bailey? It looks like a histiocytoma, which is harmless and typically goes away on its own after a month or two. They're more common in younger dogs. The other histiocytomas I've seen have had the whole bottom edge flush with the skin, though.
Bailey is 3 years old.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, I'll see if I can get him in to get it checked out. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found a small skin tag on Bailey about a month ago, I checked it a few times and it seemed fine. Yesterday, I checked it again and it had grown about four times the size. It has me a little concerned. Any thoughts?

Hi - i've just joined this forum as my dog has a growth on his elbow just like this - did you ever find out what it was? Hope you can help me !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you help?

My dog Barney has exactly the same thing as this - did you ever manage to find out what it was?? I am very worried and will take him to the vets, but I thought I'd ask you as Barney's 'tag' looks exactly the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My dog Barney has exactly the same thing as this - did you ever manage to find out what it was?? I am very worried and will take him to the vets, but I thought I'd ask you as Barney's 'tag' looks exactly the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts