Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does he look like a golden retriever? *Pics added*

Does this pup look like a golden retriever? Any guess on how old you think he is? He showed up at our house. No collar. I believe he was dumped. It was after dark when he came here. He appears to have been fed alright. Tried to shoo him away (I own livestock.) He just laid down on the ground and wouldn't budge; which leads me to believe he is now homeless; most dogs that come around here will high tail it out of here. So I have him tied in the back yard with a dog house with lots of straw in it. Gave him some supper and he gobbled it up very quickly. He's not thin though so Im thinking he hadn't got TOO long with out eating. Plan to play with him some tomorrow. My cousin is suppose to call and come and get him tomorrow but I dont see that happening, if he doesn't, I'll keep him until I can find him a good home. I have 3 dogs already, don't really need another one!! Well, thanks in advance!

Here's the pics!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
His face looks like he may have some Chow in him. I don't really think he's a Golden.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
He is cute. He might have some golden it is hard to tell but his face looks like chow to me. You are wonderful to care enough to help him and find him a good home. Good luck

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
He is a cute pup but not much golden. Thanks for taking him under your wing. I hope he finds a great home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a chow / golden mix? I'll have to look at his tongue in the morning. I have a chow mix with black on her tongue. His face does resemble a chow sorta, but chow's ears naturally stand up dont they? His doesnt.

Thanks!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
He's very cute, and I also think Chow/Golden mix. Looks young, maybe a year or so? Hard to judge the size of him from the pics.

Thank you for taking care of him in the meantime! Where are you from?

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Chowtriever.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think a chow/retriever. He is pretty cute and hope he gets his furever home. Does look pretty young. Have you checked your lost and found on the net like craigs list or findfido. Forgot to add check with local vets to see if anyone has called about a lost dog and check for a microchip. Good luck.

·
2,472 Posts
hmmm.agree that you should check w. local vets or shelter if anyone has called about him being lost. He may have slipped his collar. Someone may be missing him.
Cheers to ya for looking after him :)

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
You guys have hit Chow and golden would be my guess. He sure is cute! My friend has a chow/golden that is black. Best dog so sweet....don't let the chow scare you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone! He is a cutie and dont worry, chows dont scare me. They are actually my favorite breed however, it was dark last night when I got the photos. Today in the light he most definately looks like a chow mix. I own a chow/cocker spaniel mix. 10 yr old female. They both were playing this morning. He sure has settled right in. He acts like he's been living here his whole life!

I am going to call the vet and animal shelter and also find out if either place has one of those scanner things to read microchips incase he has one. Although I doubt he has one.

Also doesn't appear to have had a collar on him, if so, he hasn't for very long, usually there's a mark with the hair is parted...*shrugs*

He's full of personality and a sweet heart. The chow in him is what's probably going to cause a problem finding him a home. Seems like the cows are getting the bad rap like the rotties and pits. *sighs* Just because there are a few bad apples in the bunch doesn't mean they're all bad!!

Will have updated photos of him today. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts