Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Does anyones dogs do this

808 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  goldenluver 
#1 ·
You know when your dog is dreaming in their sleep they either twitch or move their paws but have you seen yours move their tail like their wagging it but they're are sleeping. Shianna is sleeping on the floor and I looked at her and saw her tail wagging and I thought it was because she heard someone but she was sleeping, she only did it for a minute.

#8 ·
Gibson does all this, too. So when I heard his tail thumping on the tile floor today, I thought he was chasing bunnies in his sleep, too. :) I looked down (he was at my feet as usual) and his head was down but his eyes were open. He just lay on his side, staring at nothing (well, staring at my feet, I guess) and just thumped his tail really hard for like almost 10 seconds. Such a weirdo.

#3 ·
We had a golden that only barked in her sleep.

#4 ·
No, but I'll bet it was cute. Must have been a good dream.

One night when hubby was out of town, I was reading in bed. Penny was sleeping on the bed. The house was terminally quiet.

She BARKED so loud in her sleep that she jumped up and stared at me like I had done it TO HER!

I was busy scraping myself off the ceiling and reassuring her: Hey, that wasn't me, you did it to yourself!

She lay back down and then lifted her head a couple of times to give me 'the look' like I was going to sneak up on her or something. Really funny. Once my heart calmed down! :)

#11 ·
No, but I'll bet it was cute. Must have been a good dream.

One night when hubby was out of town, I was reading in bed. Penny was sleeping on the bed. The house was terminally quiet.

She BARKED so loud in her sleep that she jumped up and stared at me like I had done it TO HER!

I was busy scraping myself off the ceiling and reassuring her: Hey, that wasn't me, you did it to yourself!

She lay back down and then lifted her head a couple of times to give me 'the look' like I was going to sneak up on her or something. Really funny. Once my heart calmed down! :)
Now that must of been funny.

#6 ·
Yup, Amber does it as well. A couple of times during the middle of the night I have woken up to "Thump, thump, thump, thump" thinking someone was knocking on the door and it was her tail thwacking the wall or side of the wooden bed. Then theres the whimpering and growling or running in her sleep which has woken me up as well when her feet manage to hit the wall and it sounds like a killer mouse is tryhing to scrape through the wall. Then again, I guess its just as funny when we do things in our sleep too. Heck just last night I wope up in the middle of the night hollering and wildly smacking at myself thinking I had leeches all over me lol. I guess I had some sort of dream wherre I was covered in leeches and woke up in that hypnogognic state thinking they were still on me. Guessing Amber had a pretty good laugh at that.

#7 ·
Tucker whimpers, twitches, and occasionally barks in his sleep. He actually woke us up in the middle of the night a couple of days ago with a sudden bark while he was sound asleep.

#9 ·
When Sam falls asleep he is OUT. No movement, and the only noises are snores :)

Dillon... loudest sleeper EVER. I don't know how he doesn't wake himself up with his own woofs. And he kicks, runs, twitches, lots of rapid eye movement, and yes, his tail does wag in his sleep too :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.