Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking for a golden retriever puppy for late spring/summer, and a friend recommended getting a puppy from highland goldens. I checked their site and it was a bit obscure- couldn't find clearances or a list of dogs, but theyre facebook is workable. The owner sells in first come-first serve, and is fairly open to questions.

Does anyone have experience with this breeder/knows where to find their OCA clearances? Any other breeder recommendations who'll have puppies in summer is always appreciated.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Unsure what "OCA clearances" are. But, for OFA clearances, the only place I know to look these up is on the OFA website.

"Sophie of the Glen", the only dog identified by name on their website, is listed on OFA, but only for hips. In order to use the OFA search, you will want the AKC #'s for the litter's mom/dad.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Yes, get the sire and dam registered names. We can see if they have OFA clearances or not for you.
Sophie is lacking- she has hips but no elbows, heart by cardiologist or eyes done on OFA.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
They are a high volume commercial breeder, meaning they look to have puppies nearly all the time, breed underage dogs and seem to have the mom’s bred every time they come in season. Those things indicate the dogs are the family income especially when paired with the images of their location. I can’t find Django but here is Ivy - https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=2124526
An elbow certification and a missing hip makes me believe she likely has hip dysplasia and failed.
Jazz is Jazz of the Highlands (SS08596801) She was born July 31 2018 so she is not even old enough to have hip or elbow certifications and this will be at least her second litter.

Where it me I would run screaming from this breeder.

This video may help you understand health certifications a bit better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.