Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
We're ready for spring!
982 Posts
I'm not so much afraid (yet) of aging but what does bother me a bit is thinking about all of the health issues that are possibilities with my little guy. Not that he has any potential for problems that I am aware of, but I suppose anything could happen.

That's probably the reason I try to steer away from threads in the GRF that are "sad." It's not because I don't care about other's precious companions. Just the opposite. It's weird because I have been in health care for most of my adult life as an RN and I can deal just fine with problems, even tragedy that adults face. But when it comes to animals and children I just can't stand it. They're so innocent.

What I do love about this forum is that if I do have a health question or concern I can find a thread about it here and be comforted by the fact that someone else has or is going through the exact same thing.

Ziggy will never get old! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first dog (now my parents dog) is a little over 12. We have been pretty lucky over the years with her. The only health problem shes ever had she didnt develop untill last year when her joints started stiffening up. So now we have her on Cosiquin (sp?) which is working pretty good. I just hate thinking about how close her time must be coming, but its inevitable :(

41 - 42 of 42 Posts