Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of curious if anyone does laser treatments with their dogs. This is something we did with our show horses, and then my mom would do the laser on my knees after she finished the horses! They really made a noticeable difference (in both me and the horses). My pony was not the nicest mover, but we'd laser him between classes at horse shows and his stride moved out and he was able to really relax through his topline.

I can't remember the kind of laser she is trained to use, but it's looks like a large wand, and you hold it over the body. You can actually feel it, it's a nice warm feeling during treatment.

We used it with success on one of our sheep too, so it's not just a miracle worker on horses and humans. I'm just curious if anyone has heard of doing this with dogs, and if so have you had good results? It seems like something that could be applied with good results to the dog world if it isn't already.

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
We actually just started this on Morgan for her seizures.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I work at a veterinary clinic and we got a laser not too long ago, and it's definitely helped a lot of our patients. We use it after surgeries, wounds, arthritis, and sometimes even on ourselves. I haven't tried it on myself yet, but one of the doctors says it helps with the arthritis in her knee. I'm tempted to try using it on my dog because he has seizures.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work at a veterinary clinic and we got a laser not too long ago, and it's definitely helped a lot of our patients. We use it after surgeries, wounds, arthritis, and sometimes even on ourselves. I haven't tried it on myself yet, but one of the doctors says it helps with the arthritis in her knee. I'm tempted to try using it on my dog because he has seizures.
I'm only 25 but I have arthritis in my knee and am getting it in my shoulder... I've always had bad joints, and my mom uses the laser on me when I go home to visit. It's great! I really want to learn how to use it, because I think it would really help Milly's back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts