Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sOME ONE TOLD ME TODAY, THAT THEIR KIDS, YOUNG ENOUGH TO BELEIVE, THAT ONLY SOME PRESENTS COME FROM SANTA, THAT THIS PERSON, OR THAT PERSON, BOUGHT THEM, THIS PRESENT.We always told our boys, when young, that santa, brought everything.

·
Registered
299 Posts
At my house we would open presents from my mom and dad and any others on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning we would get up and there would be presents from Santa. So I guess we got both! It was never a problem sorting that out in my little head :)

·
Graham's momma too!
400 Posts
I have three little ones, 7, 5, and 2. They get both and understand who the gifts are coming from, well, maybe not my 2 year old yet, but my 7 and 5 year old totally get it. We have a big dinner on Christmas Eve and the presents from relatives are given directly to them so they know who they are coming from. Christmas Day all the presents under the tree are from Santa. Works good for us.

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
Not really.... :)

Probably the closest that anyone in our family came to believe the Santa stories was my baby sister. When she was a baby (like younger than 5), she thought that our parents were helping Santa.

When I was little, I remember the magic being all about what our parents would give us. Like on Christmas Eve my parents would go out shopping for gifts and then they'd be up late in the basement wrapping and testing out the toys. We would listen at the door or through the vents, trying to guess what was what and for who. :)

And the important thing was learning very early to thank the person the gift came from and making special gift things for each other. :)

My niece was raised the same way. She knows who the gifts come from and very early learned to thank those people for the gifts + go gift shopping or making gifts for people too.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not really.... :)

probably the closest that anyone in our family came to believe the santa stories was my baby sister. When she was a baby (like younger than 5), she thought that our parents were helping santa.

When i was little, i remember the magic being all about what our parents would give us. And the important thing was learning very early to thank the person the gift came from and making special gift things for each other. :)

my niece was raised the same way. She knows who the gifts come from and very early learned to thank those people for the gifts + go gift shopping or making gifts for people too.
you didn't beleive in santa?

·
Graham's momma too!
400 Posts
Oh, we go all out over here. My kids make lists on what they want, we send them to the North Poll. We talk to Santa on the phone (my Dad is Santa). Santa's gifts are wrapped in totally different wrapping paper with different hand writing on the tags. He leaves boot prints outside in the snow. Christmas is so much more magical for them when they believe in Santa so I want to keep it up as long as I can.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, we go all out over here. My kids make lists on what they want, we send them to the North Poll. We talk to Santa on the phone (my Dad is Santa). Santa's gifts are wrapped in totally different wrapping paper with different hand writing on the tags. He leaves boot prints outside in the snow. Christmas is so much more magical for them when they believe in Santa so I want to keep it up as long as I can.
I like that, kids are young only once, let them beleive, in the magic while they can.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Anything not wrapped came from Santa (the elves build the toys so they don't come in boxes like at the store) Everything wrapped had tags who it was from, including Mom & Dad. We put out cookies and milk and thank you card to Santa. Then we put out reindeer food :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
When I was little all of "santa's" presents that I found under the Xmas tree in the morning were unwrapped. All the wrapped ones were from mom,dad, relatives. With my nieces and nephews they wrap everything and have some from santa and the rest from relatives.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
you didn't beleive in santa?
I'm another one that really didn't believe in Santa. But then again, my sister is 9 years older so I was "let in" on a lot of things. ;) I don't ever remember any presents that were from Santa either. It's kind of weird because my mom made me go see him every year. I hated it and I remember crying every time. But...she still made me go...she had to have that picture every year. :uhoh:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm another one that really didn't believe in Santa.
I'm not sure how much I believed either...one of my earliest memories is me being 5 or 6 and asking my mom "Santa isn't really real, right?" and not being surprised so I must have figured it out a bit before then.

I don't plan on having kids...but if I did I don't think I could pretend Santa exists. It just seems odd to me to lie about something like that (not that I look down on people who tell that particular lie).

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that is so sad, not having that magic, of santa, i also think they should be told what christmas really is about, jesus.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
With our daughter and now our granddaughter, there are gifts from family and/or friends AND there are gifts from Santa. The gifts from family/friends are already under the tree. Santa's gifts aren't wrapped and he brings them from the North Pole.

I don't remember how it was as a child but whatever way didn't scar me for life when I found out that Santa was actually the spirit of giving rather than the man in red.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Our kids both 'believed' until they were around 9. I remember when the oldest stopped believing, but the youngest was still holding on to the thought....we tagged a few of the oldest's gifts from "Santa" with quotes. He loved being in on the secret.

Just tonight I told my youngest, who is now 22, that I was not planning to do stockings this year. His face dropped and he said, "WHAT?? The stockings are the best part!" Who knew he loved opening deodorant, chapstick and toothpaste so much! Looks like Im not 'quite' done shopping!

Reactions: goldensrbest
1 - 20 of 33 Posts