Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to be the story around here. Today we have to go to town for hubby to go to theVA with his knee. When he was in the navy they were in the rough North Sea and he started down a a hatch, the destroyer lurched and he fell and struck his knee . He even had to be transferred to a carrier sick bayfor x-rays and teatment. His knee has bothered ever since, and he did go to the VA with it FINALLY about a year ago and they gave him a knee brace and a walkr. Well, that knee will collapse without warning and down he goes. That is how he goth 2 compression fractures in his back that he had the surgery for 4 weks ago.

My bacvk hurts in two plaes--lowr which is sciatica, and just below my shoulder blades--Jerry says it feels "knobby" tohim. I go tomorrow for the nuclear bone scan. He ahd one before hsi back surgery. They injct that nuclar stuff and then I hav to kill 3 hours for it to gt intomy bons, and then have the scan. So is back totown for that tomorrow morning bright and early. As soon as the doc gets the report, I will have to go back tobtown to see him.

Meanwhile Jerry was diagnosed with cataracts and couldn't even read the chart that he would have to read to pass driving tst eye check, sohe can't drive . He doesn't see the first eye doc until Jan. 12 or 15, forgt which. He will go ther to a 2ed doc and thn have towait a couple of weeks before surgery on first eye. If Ineed back surgery I willnot be able tohave it until probably March when Jerry is able to drive again. And I HATE diving into town!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I’m sorry. Praying for you guys. I can empathize, although nothing like what you’re going through. DW had cataract surgery in March and a procedure on her heart last week. Someone said “old age isn’t for sissies.”

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
I agree OLD AGE ISN'T FOR SISSIES. Feel better - both of you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts