Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penny has "loose hips" . We are giving her Glucosamine to prevent hip dysplaysia. What are some recommendations? Penny was on Curaflex from the vet but I recently switched to Joint Max DS. I am looking for the best supplement for the best price. Penny gets 2 tablets a day. Each tablet contains 530 mg glucosamine 420 mg chondroitin and other stuff. Her food contains Glucosamine but I don't know how much. She eats Nutro Natural Choice. Karen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Karen~!

All my dogs are also on Nutro Natural choice. I also give Nupro supplement, its a powder that you can put on the dogs food or mix with water to make a gravy. My two senior goldens also are on synovi G3, they both take two chews a day (for the first 4-6 weeks it was 4 chews a day each) I have noticed a big difference in Bear's walking! Also next week he will start underwater treadmill. When I rescued him he could hardly walk! Now he can run!! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our golden doesn't get supplements, but our saint bernard does.. And the glucosamine in Nutro, isn't nearly enough to make any significant difference.

The supplements that baby takes are glucosamine & chondroitin pills, which my mother buys from Wal*Mart..

·
Registered
3 Posts
folks, please visit www.nutriease.co.uk and read Jessies story. She has not seen a vet for 2 years, despite 6 months in quarantine in the UK over a dark, damp miserable Winter.Nutriease is powerful in it's formula, but with added proven benefit of Green Lipped Mussel - hope this info helps and good luck with your "best friend"

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts