Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you pray for your dogs like you do for people? I've always wondered this because I think about & pray for my two diligently almost every day. Anyone else do this??

In addition (separate from praying for dogs), sometimes when people tell others that they'll pray for them or that they will be in their prayers, it makes me wonder if people just say that to show warm affection, or if they really do it. What do you do/think?

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
There are times when I pray specifically for certain people and their pets, sometimes I offer a more all encompassing prayer for the health and wellbeing of all GRF members and their beloved pets.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I pray daily for our whole family... including the pets. Afterall, we're all God's creatures. I regularly pray for those here who need or ask for assistance. We also have a candle site here where many of us light "virtual" candles for the dogs here who need prayers or are on their way to the bridge, also for any of our members, friends or family.

·
Banned
125 Posts
I pray for the Lord's blessing on my doggies. As my beloved Sqwummies passed over the Rainbow bridge, I lifted up my eyes to heaven and asked Him to receive His beautiful creation.

I believe the Bible is God's word. In the book, there are accounts of trees, horses and other creatures in heaven. Although they're not mentioned specifically, I'm sure doggies are in heaven, too. How could they not be there? Who says God doesn't like them better than humans?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Do you pray for your dogs like you do for people? I've always wondered this because I think about & pray for my two diligently almost every day. Anyone else do this??

In addition (separate from praying for dogs), sometimes when people tell others that they'll pray for them or that they will be in their prayers, it makes me wonder if people just say that to show warm affection, or if they really do it. What do you do/think?

I do pray. If someone is in my prayers, I pray as quick as I can...so I won't forget. When it has to do with the forum, I pray before I post that I "will pray" or whatever. I'm so forgetful and scared to death I'll "mean" to pray but won't......

I will pray for an animal that is sick or whom I'm worried about. I prayed for my Betta fish once. My daughter was on her third within four days and she was getting upset that all her Bettas were dying. And here was the third looking mighty sick.....I prayed very hard for that little fish. She got better.:)

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...In the book, there are accounts of trees, horses and other creatures in heaven. Although they're not mentioned specifically, I'm sure doggies are in heaven, too. How could they not be there? Who says God doesn't like them better than humans?
I could not imagine heaven without animals. :no: I could not imagine heaven without seeing the ones who have passed & the ones who will pass in the future.

"Who says God doesn't like them better than humans?" That's very true. But then why are they not revered in the same regard as humans? Why are women not revered in the same regard as men? Why are different ethnicities not revered in the same regard as 'white' people?

This whole world is backward in the way we've treated people (& animals) throughout history & still today yet. I have a really hard time watching movies about the way indians & african americans have been treated by the 'white' people & all in the name of God (off-topic). :mad:

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do pray. If someone is in my prayers, I pray as quick as I can...so I won't forget. When it has to do with the forum, I pray before I post that I "will pray" or whatever. I'm so forgetful and scared to death I'll "mean" to pray but won't......

I will pray for an animal that is sick or whom I'm worried about. I prayed for my Betta fish once. My daughter was on her third within four days and she was getting upset that all her Bettas were dying. And here was the third looking mighty sick.....I prayed very hard for that little fish. She got better.:)
Aaahhh...that is so nice to hear. Hugs-

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I pray for the Lord's blessing on my doggies. As my beloved Sqwummies passed over the Rainbow bridge, I lifted up my eyes to heaven and asked Him to receive His beautiful creation.

I believe the Bible is God's word. In the book, there are accounts of trees, horses and other creatures in heaven. Although they're not mentioned specifically, I'm sure doggies are in heaven, too. How could they not be there? Who says God doesn't like them better than humans?
I'm Bible Believing but it is a human-oriented book. Animals and their eternal life isn't meant to be a chapter.

I trust in God regarding this. I do believe that our dogs, cats and little fish are precious to God and He knows they are precious to us.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I could not imagine heaven without animals. :no: I could not imagine heaven without seeing the ones who have passed & the ones who will pass in the future.

"Who says God doesn't like them better than humans?" That's very true. But then why are they not revered in the same regard as humans? Why are women not revered in the same regard as men? Why are different ethnicities not revered in the same regard as 'white' people?

This whole world is backward in the way we've treated people (& animals) throughout history & still today yet. I have a really hard time watching movies about the way indians & african americans have been treated by the 'white' people & all in the name of God (off-topic). :mad:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ah, I don't agree with any of what you said. God doesn't love men more then women or ethnic people more then whites. We are created in God's image, men and women, black and white. He wants a relationship with us, not animals. The animals are here for us.

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ah, I don't agree with any of what you said. God doesn't love men more then women or ethnic people more then whites...
That's not what I mean. I'm trying to think of how to explain what I actually meant. Let me think...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I pray out loud with Bogey every night. I think it's just so comforting to me. I always start with "Thank you God for Bogey." My husband isn't very religious, so I take comforting in the fact that I can pray out loud with my precious pup.

·
Social Therapy Dog
613 Posts
While I am a Christian, Ipray Daily, have read the Bible numerous times, gotten into Studies on the Bible I also believe the books chapters were chosen by man. Men in who at the time were bent on influenceing those around them for the betterment of themselves and their "church". Numerous books have been left out, alot with information that is both different from what we are used to but also information that is beneficial to what we know. I find what is important is our relationship we have and hold with God. There are times constantly during the day I utter smallprayers or thank yous forthings given or shown and I believe that when it comes to our loved pets, as He knows they are important to us, they will be there when we arrive.

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I pray out loud with Bogey every night. I think it's just so comforting to me. I always start with "Thank you God for Bogey." My husband isn't very religious, so I take comforting in the fact that I can pray out loud with my precious pup.
That is so precious! I have also laid hands on my two & prayed for them outloud, many times, though during the day, I pray in my mind.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts