Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
layla has been strictly on blue buffalo puppy formula for a while now; we're on our second bag. her stools are still rather soft and she still has some serious toots.

i'm considering switching foods AGAIN but we'll see when this bag runs out. she loves the food, however.

anyway, i've read a lot of great advice and learned some things i never would have thought of on this forum.

can someone please explain adding yogurt, cottage cheese, rice, egg, etc? what are the benefits?

i've seen so many say they mix one or a few of these ingredients into their pup's kibble and now i'm curious. :)

thanks!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
If she has been on the Blue Buffalo for that long and is still having stool and gas problems, it most likely is too rich for her. You can try adding something like canned pumpkin to see if that helps to firm up her stools.

·
Retired bum..........
1,105 Posts
If she has been on the Blue Buffalo for that long and is still having stool and gas problems, it most likely is too rich for her. You can try adding something like canned pumpkin to see if that helps to firm up her stools.
And be sure your not over feeding. Doesn't take much to cause problems.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
And be sure your not over feeding. Doesn't take much to cause problems.
Exactly. I forgot to mention that. Whatever you do, never follow the feeding instructions on any bag of dog food. They all recommend feeding WAY too much. Our dogs would be the size of trucks if we fed the amount recommended on the bags of our dog food.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the bag suggests she should be eating nearly 3 cups a day. she gets maybe less than a cup in the morning and at night.

she had very loose stools yesterday but i'm attributing that to stress due to our xmas traveling. she's been eating normally; i've slipped a bit of cooked egg in for her to ensure she eats and they've firmed.

i just need to let things normal out after i get home and see how it goes i suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts