Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Do you kiss your dog or let him lick your face??

• Yes! He is part of the family!

Votes: 128 83.1%
  • Just sometimes but ewww bluuk !!

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • No.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Other (tell us below...)

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
my stud comes after me romantically often well beyond kissing desire. if i alone and in mood I respond or put in his cage with bitch to cool off

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
i want to say NO, but the truth is they don't listen to me and I kiss them so I guess it's fair. My girls are not kissers, the boys.... can't seem to keep their tongues to themselves. Duddy wakes me every morning with kisses... Troopy just licks me... all... the... time... :doh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did until my immune system took a dive. We made her stop and it came right back. (I have multiple autoimmune diseases)
So no more face licks. She can lick my hands or sometimes while I’m doing dishes she licks my calves... weirdo!
My husband doesn’t let her because we see her clean her own privates and then try and clean the cat then come running over to give kisses!
I do kiss her on the top of the head a lot tho... do I risk hair in my mouth... yes sometimes... but that’s what you sign up for when you own a mainecoon and a golden!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kisses

I give them all the time. But our boy prefers to kiss only hubby. I think it’s the salt from his swear. I’d love a kiss on the face now and again. 💋 💋

·
Registered
250 Posts
From day one, Brody has always loved to give puppy kisses. Our previous GR, River, never did this, though we showed love to one another in different ways, i.e., hugs and embraces. I read all the comments about what dogs do, things they put in their mouths, etc. Yeah, if you concentrate on that, it's kind of yucky. River loved to eat wild critter poop, but Brody doesn't seem to enjoy this delicacy. :grin2:

When we were struggling with whether or not to get another Golden after River passed, someone on this forum shared that replacing your dog with another Golden will not be like having River again... What a true statement! Brody is indeed so different in so many ways than River ever was. Conversely, as much as Brody is different from River, the personality traits of a GR do shine through. In fact, sometimes I think River has talked with Brody to make sure he knows all the right things to do with us. I know this is a long reach, and I'm probably wrong in thinking this way, but it sure is a pleasant thought.

Brody awakens me each morning by gently licking my bald head. He is such a lover. If I stop him from linking my head, he then gently licks the back of my hand. I can't think of a much better way to begin the day. :smile2:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts