Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lucy and Jack's Mom
74 Posts
My golden I just lost was a Harry...although his name was Sir Harrison II (we named him after my mom who was Harriet)...a very special name....we used to call him Harry Hody or Harry the Hodown Hillbilly...as he reminded us of a hound dog -- the kind that is seen on cartoons -- as he was afraid of swimming, bird feathers, heights, and his shadow!!:)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My golden I just lost was a Harry...although his name was Sir Harrison II (we named him after my mom who was Harriet)...a very special name....we used to call him Harry Hody or Harry the Hodown Hillbilly...as he reminded us of a hound dog -- the kind that is seen on cartoons -- as he was afraid of swimming, bird feathers, heights, and his shadow!!:)
I call mine - Harry Leave It; Harry Drop It; Harry NO Bite!; Harry Stop It; and then there is baby Harry, Harry Reid, little Harry, and don't forget Dirty Harry!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Dont have a Harry but have to say you have a cute puppy named Harry

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
my first golden was named Harry at birth after a family friend. he was from a litter my mom's golden had. when we brought him home to live with us we changed it to miller, but I think harry is adorable!!

Debbie & mason

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I call mine - Harry Leave It; Harry Drop It; Harry NO Bite!; Harry Stop It; and then there is baby Harry, Harry Reid, little Harry, and don't forget Dirty Harry!
Oooh my Harry gets lots of other names too...(in order of most used!) Harold, 'H' , Bad-Harry, Harry-doo-lally, Harribo (like the sweets!) Flash-Harry, Dirty Harry (of course), Harryboy...

...and I often refer to him as 'Niles' as I do believe if he were a person he would be exactly like Niles Crane from Fraiser...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My girl was named Harry, sadly she went to the bridge 7/31/08 at 11 3/4 years young. She was a great gal. We called her Harry Monster, Harrygirl, Harriet, Mucho, but her real name was just Harry...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...and I often refer to him as 'Niles' as I do believe if he were a person he would be exactly like Niles Crane from Fraiser...
I LOVE that show!!! Let's see, if my Harry were a person today he would be most like...the character Lionel on As Time Goes By. Harry loves his cookies and there must be some in the cupboard all of the time. On the show Lionel loves his custard tarts and needs to know they are always there in the cupboard. Also, he's good natured and loveable!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts