Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't give my dogs multi vitamins. Duke does take glucosamine/chondroitin supplements for his hip displasia and arthritis.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I don't give extra vitamins either because she's on large breed puppy food which contains everything she needs including glucosamine chondroitin. She also gets plain yoghourt once a day as well, and pumpkin once in a while.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yep Marley takes multi-vitamin tablets everyday. The vet advised us to use them as Marley was so ill when he was young so he worries about him having bone problems later in life, he's been taking them for 7 months now and loves them, he thinks they are a treat!!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I use whole foods supplements, nothing synthetic. I've used the Health Force Nutritional Vitamineral Green http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/prod_page.php?id=183 or the Wholistic Pet Canine Complete www.wholisticpet.com I also supplement with fish oil and a glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM. The amount of gluc/chon found in food is negligible and not really enough to be of therapeutic value.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
We feed Nu Vet vitamins. It's in the contract with the breeder that we have to for two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts