Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
I know you all with 4 dogs seem so happy, I showed my husband all your dog pics,
he is not against this idea of getting another one, I even called about a female pup last week but all the females were gone. Its just he is luke warm, but I am the main person to my dog and always will be.
yes I agree with one of the other posters that it would bring so much joy to me to see my boy have a friend. That is the only reason I 'd do this....
I 'll keep you posted... and thank you all for your support.
Hope he gets a little warmer..LOL, it's always nice to have a friend around for you're boy!

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
we got my second golden as a friend for my first, and it was the best decision we could have made. Now, almost 11 years later, they are still the very best of buddies. They still play together all the time.

·
idabwmn
1,055 Posts
I have not been here in awhile but I can tell you go for it you will truley enjoy two dogs. I have a golden and a lab. Both females they are four years apart in age. They are inseperable.
I am 54 and my husband is 55 they keep us young and are great stress relievers. My husband has health issues and cannot work, I still work full time. We have gone through alot the last few years and thank goodness for our girls.
They are my husbands constant companions during the day. It sounds like this is meant to be give this boy a permanent home with you, and enjoy the benefits you are going to receive from this adventure.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
neighbor male kinda set ground rules when our 6/mo old boy came - - those rules are gone and they are equals.

What's the status??

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I haven't read all the replies, but I have 3 males sitting next to me right now! One doesn't even live here all the time. I love having these three. Although, getting out the door with only one is much more difficult.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures of your puppy...LOL!!

I would highly recommend getting a playmate for your 10 mo old. It helps them get their extra energy out by having someone to play and wrestle with plus you will have the added pleasure of watching the younger one snuggle up to the older one when they are sleeping. I had never had male dogs before I got Jack 3 yrs ago but I love my male dogs and am finding them a little easier than the females...although I love my females, too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts