Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Do Goldens Kiss/Lick people a lot?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kind of a funny sounding question but it is one of those things that you cant really search up online so I figured who better to ask than owners themselves. Well the question is basically Do Goldens Kiss/Lick people a lot? I kind of want an insight on this because even though I am perfectly comformed with any licks a Golden may have to offer not every stranger or visistor to the house may be as enthusiastic. Describe your golden and Goldens in general in this slobbery situation. Many thanks you guys.:wave:

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
It depends on the golden and the owner /how they train.

My goldens lick if I let them! They especially love lotion! It's up to you as the parent to teach them what is OK or not.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Tucker goes insane trying to lick me after putting lotion on or getting out of the shower!

·
B.J. and the Kohana Kids
631 Posts
Paige is my kisser. She loves to give kisses.

Sydney is more of a hugger. Rarely kisses, but lots and lots of hugs

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I wonder what it is about lotion. Tucker loves it!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I don't understand your poll.
You mean you want a dog who doesn't lick? Well some goldens do and some don't.
Some people train their golden that licking is not OK and some people don't care.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My grandgolden LOVES my perfume and ALWAYS is trying to lick my neck!!! He's a vampire! My daughter says he just loves me so much.HA!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Cody isn't a major licker.
But we have tough him to "kiss" and he will always kiss on command, lol
its a great distraction from nipping our small kids.
and I was able to teach him this at 8 weeks of age, he is so smart!

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Jesse is a hugger and a licker. He loves to lick your ears, and sometimes it is hard to stop him. :)

Quizzy could care less about licking, but he loves to hug.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
we are working with Blush to stop her licking. she loves it & also is a hugger. we say Layla has a "ninja tongue" as she will jump up (won't touch you with her feet) and kiss you on the cheek. she doesn't lick, just a quick touch...

·
Owned by Emma
727 Posts
Emma only kisses on request if strangers are involved, she would never jump on people. She suffers if she is ignored but she never approaches a person if ignored, she has her manners! Goldens behave the way you train them, really. Of course she is more than happy to show her love if invited!
We, on the other hand are melted when she kisses or licks us, she is such a cuddly baby. She also kisses on command.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Tysen will lick fingers and stuff but will only lick your face if he is really excited and then it's usually one lick and done.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Jack never licks..cali on the other hand will lick you to death! lol So it depends on your golden, they all are different and have different personalities :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
tucker is a kisser big time! He'll get in my bed and put his head on my chest and when I stop petting him he'll flip his lip out on my mouth like, PAY ATTENTION MOM! Ugh! He likes to slide them in when I'm petting him anytime. If you're face is in range, he'll flip up and get you every time.

·
Kirby'sMom
1,155 Posts
Kirby only kisses when we ask him. He loves giving hugs, though. But, he's foot licker!! He loves it when we take our socks off and let him lick our toes. It really feels good!! My first golden, Sandy, did that, too, and I really missed that when we had our Malamute because she'd never lick my feet. Even when I'd stick them right in her face!! :no:

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Cruiser is a hugger, Hootie isnt either, he just loves to lay on your lap, Maggie is a kisser, and Abbie aka Tricky Licky Lou is ocd with licking and she hugs.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts