Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha ha ha! The funniest thing happened last night. Hubby/I were watching a dvd and Biscuit was lounging at our feet. A song came on during the movie and out of nowhere, Biscuit started howling....for the first time EVER!!!! The weirdest thing is he has never howled to anything, or music for that matter, so when the song came on later in the movie, he's howled again. Hysterical. I have never seen a Golden howl before...have you?

Either way, it made for a good laugh...

Happy Holidays!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL that is funny. One of mine is a howler but he sings along with emergency vehicle sirens. Of course with his superior hearing I hear him howling long before I hear the siren. He does a pretty good imitation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You're not alone there. Sometimes i wonder if lucky is a wolf or a cat. He howls if we forget to wake up to take him out to pee sometimes. and everytime he wakes up he puts his paws out and dips down to stretch like a cat.

·
Provider of the bacon
2,935 Posts
Lambert will howl if a siren comes right by our house. It was really interesting the first time he did it. It was 4am. I almost fell out of bed.

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
Izzy will howl to the fire whistle if it blows too long.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wonka has only howled a few times and only in response to wolves howling. The first time he did it he looked so confused and embarrassed, almost like, "Whoa, where did that come from?" It was cute.

·
Sophie's Mommy
197 Posts
sophie howled the most pathetic howls when we first got her...we used to laugh, b/c she would raise her head in the air like a wolf...hadn't heard it for many months until last weekend as i was leaving the house, but this time it sounded more grown up! haven't heard it again since (good thing, b/c it certainly tugs at my heart when she does that)

·
We're ready for spring!
982 Posts
Ziggy also howls at emergency vehicle sirens. First time it happened was this summer. We were on a walk and an ambulance passed by. It was a hillarious and adorable! It was a high-pitched Woooooooooooooo! :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I was a kid, I was learning the Star Spangled Banner on the organ and was singing along with it when my golden and basset hound started howling along! The golden I have now has only howled once, when I was asleep in the bedroom with my other dog and he didn't know it, thought he was alone and started making these really pathetic howling noises! He sounded like a chipmunk, not a GR!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Anyone I talk on the phone with while I'm home has a good chance (50-50) of hearing our 12 1/2 year old golden start howling when our younger guy barks at something going on outside! I have to go to another room and close the door when they start up just to hear the other end of the phone conversation. He howls at anything and everything and we love it!
Our younger golden usually barks in higher pitches but every once in a while he lets out a deep howl. Pretty funny because it disturbs him when he does it. He gets a funny look on his face as if he's thinking--did I do that??
We have coyote packs in our area and we often hear them howling at a distance during early morning walks. Both dogs won't howl with them but it definitely perks their interest.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
My Charlie howls and does not need anything to start her off she is so funny and as well as howling she makes another funny noise hard to describe it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts