Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I'm wondering if Amazon has outsourced its Customer Service out of the country. In any event, I'm concerned about lax security about customer accounts.

I am on the trial run on Amazon Prime. I ordered something and when it didn't arrive by 7:30 on the second day I contacted customer service--the delivery company was a fly by night operation, not UPS or Fed Ex. I mentioned that if this continued during my trial period I would not be signing up for the year (that's true). The package arrived on my doorstep at 8:30 p.m.. I heard it dropped, no doorbell ring, just a loud thump that caused Toby to bark. Customer service sent me an email, apologized and credited my account $5 for my trouble. Fine.

Today I received an email telling me they were crediting my account for $122 plus change for a specific order--fine, only problem, it's not my order! Then, an immediate follow up email saying disregard the previous email....really? Disregard? Don't think so because obviously someone's account/order got mixed up with mine! I just fired off a fraud email asking their fraud dept to check into this, expressing my deep disappointment in their security, if this was truly a mistake, and giving them all the email header information in case it was fraudulent. I changed my password as well. :(

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I order off Amazon all the time I even have an amazon card and I have not had any trouble. I dont have amazon prime I saw something about it but I was happy with the service adn the merchandise as it is.

Sorry you have this trouble I hope they get it settled for you.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
good grief! Guess I'll stop ordering from Amazon, and just go to the library! How's that for a novel idea! :doh: ;)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a reply:

Hello,

In this case, the message you received was sent to you by Amazon.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future if you are questioning whether a message was sent by Amazon.com; we are always happy to investigate this for you.

The email was intended to be sent to another customer but due to an error it was sent to you and I apologize for this.

I've forwarded this to appropriate department and they will make sure that this will not happen in the future.

I hope this helps. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem
?

Sorry Amazon, that's not a good enough excuse for me.:no:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Mistakes happen. Did the email to you contain personal information like addresses, credit card numbers, account numbers? If not, then I wouldn't really think it was a huge deal. I use Amazon Prime frequently and have nothing but great things to say about them. I once had to return an item and man it was so easy. I love Amazon.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mistakes happen. Did the email to you contain personal information like addresses, credit card numbers, account numbers? If not, then I wouldn't really think it was a huge deal. I use Amazon Prime frequently and have nothing but great things to say about them. I once had to return an item and man it was so easy. I love Amazon.
It had order information and an order number. I want ALL of my information to remain private--they owe me that much as a customer. I'm suspicious they've transferred some functions off shore (due to other information in the email) and they did not hire competent outsourced help.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I use Amazon all the time and have been very happy with them.

I will say that I am in a customer service position and mistakes do happen regardless of how careful I am. Maybe that makes me more tolerant of others' mistakes. As long as I get an apology and the issue is addressed, I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll always wonder what information on my account was leaked. I expect better security.

I was reading some consumer complaints against Amazon. In one case a guy complained and received a response back from a Customer Service agent to the effect he needs to go back to studying (college kid) and not obsess about the problem. :confused:

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am sorry this has happened to you! I hope everything works out fine in the end.

I have amazon prime and I love shopping on there. It is so convenient for me. The only problem I ever had was when I purchased an item from a seller (not amazon) on the website and the item didn't work and the person never sent me any kind of acknowledgement of my messages...

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
I love Amazon. I had one mistake happen in all the years I've been ordering from them, I think that's a pretty good record.

I honestly think you're expecting too much if you expect a company, or a person, to never make a mistake.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love Amazon. I had one mistake happen in all the years I've been ordering from them, I think that's a pretty good record.

I honestly think you're expecting too much if you expect a company, or a person, to never make a mistake.
I don't think I'm expecting too much. I expect them to handle my account and all the information properly.

I just ordered a gift from them and they did credit my account for the $5.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They outsourced Prime delivery in my area to a company called Ensenda. If you check the customer forums on Amazon you'll see a whole host of complaints. Ensenda replaced another 3rd party shipper that was finally canned due to too many complaints.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I order tons from Amazon, never had a problem. Don't know what "Prime" is, though. They just opened a new center here and my son is law will be working there at least until Christmas. Guess he will give me some of the scoop. I heard a review of the Kindle Fire today and am seriously considering asking Santa.

·
Premium Member
18,400 Posts
I've always been really pleased with amazon, almost always make my online purchases there.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've always been really pleased with amazon, almost always make my online purchases there.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with what they offer and used to be pleased with the delivery process (before signing up for Prime- Ensenda delivery). I'm disappointed that the customer identity and account information was compromised. If they sent me another customer's account/order information by mistake, what have they sent on my account by mistake to another customer without my knowledge? They have my credit card information after all.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Watch out for Drsfostersmith too. In Aug I ordered enough for free shipping. The day it was to arrive, our house was broken into, ramshackled our bedroom. Police called (never had this Ever before). This was on a Tuesday. Exactly 3 wks later on Tuesday again, broken into, this time they busted in the whole door, all TV's taken. We installed new doors, security door (over $1000 with installation). I called Dr. Fosters/Smith and told them, they say they use outside vendors to deliver for the free delivery, not FEDEX as they usually do. I KNOW it must have been the delivery guy and feel that 3 wks later he again was in our area. Well we are safer now, have large dogs to warn him, and no problems, but I will not get "Free Shipping" again without knowing who is the deliver. Our free shipping cost us a bundle!

·
Premium Member
18,400 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with what they offer and used to be pleased with the delivery process (before signing up for Prime- Ensenda delivery). I'm disappointed that the customer identity and account information was compromised. If they sent me another customer's account/order information by mistake, what have they sent on my account by mistake to another customer without my knowledge? They have my credit card information after all.
If you had clicked on the order number in the email you would have to put in the account name and password to get to the account. I don't think you could get any information other than what was on the email.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Gee, the only thing missing is the closing statement "this is a robo mail". Sounds like their new "prime" plan has some bugs in it. Too bad, right before Christmas. Could be a nightmare for everyone.

I just got a reply:

Hello,

In this case, the message you received was sent to you by Amazon.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future if you are questioning whether a message was sent by Amazon.com; we are always happy to investigate this for you.

The email was intended to be sent to another customer but due to an error it was sent to you and I apologize for this.

I've forwarded this to appropriate department and they will make sure that this will not happen in the future.

I hope this helps. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Sorry Amazon, that's not a good enough excuse for me.:no:

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,553 Posts
Watch out for Drsfostersmith too. In Aug I ordered enough for free shipping. The day it was to arrive, our house was broken into, ramshackled our bedroom. Police called (never had this Ever before). This was on a Tuesday. Exactly 3 wks later on Tuesday again, broken into, this time they busted in the whole door, all TV's taken. We installed new doors, security door (over $1000 with installation). I called Dr. Fosters/Smith and told them, they say they use outside vendors to deliver for the free delivery, not FEDEX as they usually do. I KNOW it must have been the delivery guy and feel that 3 wks later he again was in our area. Well we are safer now, have large dogs to warn him, and no problems, but I will not get "Free Shipping" again without knowing who is the deliver. Our free shipping cost us a bundle!
Sorry to hear you had a break in after ordering from Drs. Foster and Smith. I have ordered from them frequently over many years without any problems in my area. Fedex normally delivers my packages and sometimes items come through the USPS.

Does sound like the problem lies with the delivery service that is being used for both Drs. Foster and Smith and also Amazon there in the DFW area. I hope you contacted their Customer Service Dept.

I order from Amazon regularly too and have never had a problem, but I'm not using their Prime Service.

I know a lot of it has to do with the area I live in too-it's a small Tourist Area, we have a very low crime rate. Most of the time people don't lock their houses up when they leave and don't lock their cars either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts