Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I didn't watch it all, but especially dogs eating commercial foods are lacking in enzymes. Many here supplement probiotics and enzymes since cooking destroys them. Those I supplement are all plant based which seem to be safer. A popular, economical, high dose one is from NaturesFarmacy called Dogzymes Digestive Enhancer. If you do a search here, you'll find lots of threads discussing it.

http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/details.php?prodId=197&category=&secondary=&keywords=dogzymes

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
While her point is valid her way to correct it is rather backward in my opinion. She is correct that dogs genetically were not meant to eatt and digest carbs, so why do we insist on feeding a diet that has so many in it. Convenience is the only plausible answer in my opinion. Would it not make moore sence to feed a genetically appropriate diet? One that is not derived from carbs and other processed foods. That is the biggest reason I switched over to a raw diet for my pack over a dozen years ago.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
That was very interesting. I also want to look into to this further, this could be quite beneficial for my cat with IBD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts