Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DieselTheGolden 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've seen a few people start threads for their pup, so I thought I might as well start one and keep it updated instead of filling the boards with a billion posts every time I get a cute picture or want to share a funny Diesel story!

Diesel was born January 2nd, 2016 and is 14 weeks old (he's 100 days old to be precise - but who's counting?!). He's already a big boy - he's 28 pounds and on his back feet he can reach the counter no problem! Well, it's no problem for him, but a bit of a problem for us...

I don't want to sound biased, but he's pretty darn smart for his age (most of the time). We started puppy school this past week, and he made fast friends with a 12 week old golden pup named Dexter! Diesel knows some commands like sit, paw, come, and look. He does know OFF but he doesn't like listening to that one! And we're 90% house trained - and sleep through the night!

Diesel's favourite things are liver treats, eating baseboards (we're on our third bottle of Bitter Apple spray already), watching the birds out the window, his dinosaur toy (and every other toy), paper products, swatting ice cubes around the floor, and carrying sticks on walks. Diesel's least favourite things are shovels, dump trucks, and peanut butter (who would have thought?).

He's already darkened a bit since we've brought him home, so it'll be fun to watch how he turns out! It's like he gets bigger every day!

If you (or your pup!) is on Instagram, you can follow Diesel at @dieselthegolden !

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome, love the pics. Dakota told me tell you tell him Arffff!!! He said, "Diesel will know what I mean."

#9 ·
Fifteen Weeks

Well, Diesel is 15 weeks and growing like crazy! He's surpassed the 30lb marker (by a couple pounds!) - but I still find him relatively lean - he's just getting taller and longer I think! We've started puppy classes and Diesel made an instant friend in Dexter, who is 2 weeks younger. They're practically twins and two peas in a pod! We've had several accident free days (a major accomplishment because he's been tricky with that!) and he's a quick learner when it comes to commands. He's started shedding and I think he's darkening up a bit. It'll be fun to watch what his adult colour is, as well as his size! The vet thinks he'll be a big boy - his dad was large so we'll see. Would love to hear what you all think he might look like as an adult (colour & size). Right now our biggest problem is his jumping up - on the counter, on people, on other dogs..ugh. Doesn't help that he can reach the counter! Any tips on addressing this would be appreciated.
And of course, some recent pictures...(the one where he's smiling mid itch makes me laugh!)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.