Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I are a little sad today.

We found out the breeder sold the puppy we had our hearts set on to someone else.

Not sure how it happened, I was waiting for them to send me through his details, as the person who deals with the breeding was travelling. When I still didn't have it by Monday afternoon, I sent them a note, then again yesterday, only to receive a message back to say they'd sold him on Tuesday.

I know there will be others, but we just kinda fell in love with that little guy!!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this disappointment. There are so many variables in actually getting that pup right in your arms- from Mother Nature's shennanigans to human miscommunication . . . In the end, it makes the puppy you finally adopt fee like a treasure!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hubby and I are a little sad today.

We found out the breeder sold the puppy we had our hearts set on to someone else.

Not sure how it happened, I was waiting for them to send me through his details, as the person who deals with the breeding was travelling. When I still didn't have it by Monday afternoon, I sent them a note, then again yesterday, only to receive a message back to say they'd sold him on Tuesday.

I know there will be others, but we just kinda fell in love with that little guy!!
sorry to hear that, can imagine how it feels, hope you find another puppy soon. just make sure you put a diposit down so they cant sell him/her.

good luck

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Marley's Mommy

Marley's Mommy

I am so sorry that happened to you.

Did you have a deposit on the pup? Can't believe someone would do that-that is so wrong.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Did the breeder give any clue as to how this happened. Is there another puppy in the litter available?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are no more left from the same litter, he was 5 months old. We didn't put a deposit down as we didn't have enough information about the dog, health clearences etc, so we were waiting for that information, I guess someone just came along with the money and took him :(

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry but another puppy will come along that was meant to be your baby.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I too am sorry this happened to you. Be sure when you find another baby you really like, to put that deposit down. I know the PERFECT little bundle of love will come along for you!:smooch:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I am sorry it did not work out I think I know what your disappointment would be as we are waiting for a pup and if something happened, I would be very unhappy. However I am a FIRM believer of "meant to be" the RIGHT friend is out there and you will find him/her.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I am very sorry, that must be heartbreaking! Maybe this happened for a reason, maybe he was not meant for you, but somewhere out there another pup is. I am sure you will find him/her!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
The ONE that was meant to be will come along and you will appreciate and love him/her even more.

I agree. We were having a hard time finding a rescue - now look at the board with all the dogs available!!!

For those 6 weeks or so, there was nothing out there, and the one dog we fell in love with, they would not let us adopt because they didn't think she liked Brady.

Well, MacKenzie found us. She was meant to be. (Thanks Mary!!!)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Makes me wonder if the health clearances were even there & perhaps the breeders knew they weren't going to be able to produce them for you...sucks to get emotionally invested, but the right puppy for your family will come along.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts