Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog Fence - Best Friend Fence Dog Fence

We want to get a fence BUT we have a lot of trees in the back of our property and it would be hard to weave in & out for a picket fence. Plus right now we don't have the money. I saw this while trying to find some solution and was wondering if anyone has or heard about this.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
The problem with those fences is that it doesn't stop other dogs/critters from coming inside the fenced area. If a dog is determined to leave the area, it will soon learn that there is freedom beyond the initial negative response for crossing the boundary.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Just be sure your dog can see it. When we had to block off part of our yard for a septic tank removal, we used green wire fencing. Tucker forgot it was there twice! :doh: We finally used plastic orange tape and wove it through the fencing as a reminder...

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem with those fences is that it doesn't stop other dogs/critters from coming inside the fenced area. If a dog is determined to leave the area, it will soon learn that there is freedom beyond the initial negative response for crossing the boundary.
This is an actual fence, not an electric fence so no critters could get inside. I'm just wondering how sturdy it actually is. With railroad tracks right behind our house I would NEVER trust an invisable fence.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I'm wondering if this is similar to the orange plastic fencing they use sometimes. I'm not quite getting what the fence is all about. :eek: I'm thinking it's made from some sort of plastic?

I found it, they use this type of fencing a lot during construction to block areas off. Only they use that bright orange. It might not be the same, but it's similar.

They use this for keeping deer out of yards too. Specialty Agricultural Products - Contact Us

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is an actual fence, not an electric fence so no critters could get inside. I'm just wondering how sturdy it actually is. With railroad tracks right behind our house I would NEVER trust an invisable fence.

the invisible fence is amazing. there is controversy though. our neighbor had one for his golden, and that dog NEVER left that yard, (after being zapped one single time) after that, he never had to actually turn the fence on. the golden knew that when that collar was on, that he would get zapped...the fence was never on... the collar makes a high pitched noise when the dog gets close to the fence, and it does that even if the fence is off. so, i would trust it. but, thats my experience, and i can see how it would be hard to trust it, railroad tracks are scary :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts