Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ada has had diarrhea since she came home from being spayed last wednesday. She was eating fine and full of energy so it didn't stsrt worrying me until friday night, but it was too late to call the vet and they arent open on the weekend. Now she is refusing food as of this moring. I was going to call the vet (they open in 30 minutes)about the diarrhea this morning anyway but now i'm extra worried.

Has anyone seen this post spay? After reading about rimadyl i stopped giving it to her on friday and she had a solid poop sat morning...but then it started back up again that afternoon:(.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ada's Mom

Ada's Mom

I would call the vet right away and tell them everything you told us.
How old is she?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'm calling as soon as the clock hits 8am (thats when they open). Just seeing if others have seen anything similar. She's almost 5 months.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ada's Mom

Ada's Mom

Was she ever tested for Parvo?
Why was she given Rimadyl?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hasnt been tested for parvo. I'm assuming the vet will want to see her today so maybe they'll test for it. she's fully vaccinated though so hopefully it isnt parvo. She wad given rimadyl because of the spay (for pain management/inflammation).

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ada's Mom

Ada's Mom

So glad you are going to the vet. Just make sure they rule out infection.
Is she drinking?
I would mention the parvo to the vet and ask what they think.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ada's Mom

Ada's Mom

Are her gums nice and pink?
Is she drinking water?
What did vet say?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called the vet and the chick i spoke to was going to ask the vets/techs about Ada's issues and call me back. It's been two hours and no word...guess i should calk and poke them.

Her gums look fine and she's drinking. I tried feeding her again and she ate so maybe that was a false alarm this morning. I've just never seen her hesitate to eat anything, let alone nit eat at all. Still would like to know what to do about this diarrhea though:(.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Call Back

I would call back. You are right, the diarrhea has to be stopped.
Glad she is drinking and her gums are pink.
ASK if you should bring a stool sample in?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back from the vet. They said she looks goid and that its most likely stress or rimadyl related diarrhea. They took a blood sample to make sure there weent more serious side effects if it was a negative reaction to the rimadyl and that looked fine. They gave me some pills that will help firm up her stool and some pro-biotics. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for listening! When she didnt eat the first time i gave her food i became really worried. But she's eating again and her bloodwork is good so I think we'll be fine:).

·
Registered
639 Posts
Glad it seems to be minor. If Ozzy didn't eat I'd be freaked too since he's a chow hound.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ada's Mom

Ada's Mom

So glad you took her to the vet and she is fine!
Phew!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts