Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

im a new member here, want some advice from u guys, my 2 mos old GRpuppy still have a diarrhea for more than a week, went to a vet and he said its normal for the puppies to have it, it just making me nuts coz she's whining from her kennel every 4am and 6am evry morning and she wants to go out so badly.. wht should i give to her?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A week seems a long time - when did you see the vet? I'd check again if it was a few days ago. Also, 8 weeks is very young, have you changed her food? You could try phoning the breeder to make sure.

I would not worry if she wants to go out in the night, I know its a pain but shes only a baby and at least shes letting you know not just making a mess! Daisy used to want to go out every night/early morning [3or4 am] untill about a year old- gradually it got later and later untill she went all night. I did not make a fuss of her or speak to her, just straight out, do it, straight back in and back in her basket.

Sarah

·
Registered
414 Posts
She's 8 weeks, and 1 week of that she has had diarrhea, so she was about 7 weeks when it started. How long have you had her? What was she eating before you got her and what are you feeding her now?

How bad is her diarrhea? Is her stool really runny every time?

A full week of bad diarrhea should not be ignored. Maybe a second opinion is in order. How well do you know you vet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my mistake, she's 11 wks now, and more than a week of diarrhea, im used of going out with her now evry morning, and only a science diet (largebreed) we're giving, as wht the vet recommend.. sometimes her poop is fine, but there are times really that its all wet or its too loss :no:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've heard that complaint from other users of Science Diet. Along with poor fur, itchy skin, dirty ears, ear infections, allergies.

My opinion is to Get her OFF science Diet ASAP. There are many better foods out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts