Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Would love advice on deworming. Our vet has been giving us free dosage of trifexis which I have read online has just the worst side effects.

Could you recommend a good deworming product which could treat intestinal and heartworm?

Anything natural would be fantastic but I don't think that exists...

Thanks!

Deborah

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
I personally prefer edibles to topicals. My last dog got Sentinel all her life. It prevents HW and other kinds of worms (roundworm and hookworm, I believe) and also prevents flea infestation (but doesn't kill adult fleas). It's made by Novartis, which also makes Interceptor, which is the same as Sentinel minus the flea part. Shala has been on Interceptor the past few months through the winter - she'll be switching to Sentinel as it warms up.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Wouldn't Trifexis be considered a preventative rather than a treatment?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it absolutely is preventive, sorry. It does treat fleas and intestinal worms.

Any other suggestions about from Sentinel? Is there anything natural on the market or no?

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Yes it absolutely is preventive, sorry. It does treat fleas and intestinal worms.

Any other suggestions about from Sentinel? Is there anything natural on the market or no?
Heartworm is way too serious, in my opinion, to trust something natural and not medically proven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts