Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend some nice training facilities in the Denver area? I am going to school up here and Layla will be living with me next year. I want to continue to show her while I am in school, so I need somewhere to train. We are beginning the quest for our MACh and I would like a UD, so I would love to know if any of you know any really great experienced trainers up here.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Isn't Helen Phillips somewhere in that area?

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't know. Does she show Goldens?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
No I think border collies. But she teaches obedience and agility somewhere in Colorado.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There's a LOT of shows there - lucky! I used to live in Laramie, WY (2hrs north). Renate van Allen is just outside Denver - two time NOI winner and has 4 OTCH dogs at the moment, one or two of which also have MACHs. I had a lesson with her last fall with my pup, wish I was still there.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard there are lots of trials around here. Denver is just so dog friendly. I love it here! Should I just search dog clubs on AKC? I really want to check out several before I move Layla up here next Fall.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone heard of Flyn Paws Agility? The trainers are Norm Lende and Shar Henry.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
I belong to the Colorado Obedience Yahoo Group. This might be of interrest to you. I live in Colorado Springs so I'm not sure about the trainers in Denver. Also there is the Mile High Golden Retriever Club where you could maybe recieve infos.
Longmont has a lot of trials. You can check out infodog for shows in your area. There was a dog show just last weekend in Pueblo, south of Colorado Springs.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mile Hi GRC actually has a link of trainers in the Denver area, which is how I found many of the ones I have been looking at: Trainers

Do any of these trainers or facilities sound familiar to anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts